Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FO/Flex how would you vote to integrate??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We probably get breakfast in the hotel 75% of the time.

Until some sweet soul decided to negotiate away our breakfasts. It's cold cereal and pastries nowadays unless you care to pony up for something warm or are at a Hampton or Holiday Express where you can feast on powdered eggs and curiously rubber styled bacon.

It's not appreciated btw. Nor is shelling out half to 2/3's of our less than standard per diem to get a decent breakfast when we stay at a nicer property.

Sorry. Hot button issue.

Would have to agree with this wholeheartedly! The quality of the hotels has dropped along with the breakfast. This all changed AFTER THE SALE!

Loosing our complimentary breakfast at the Crowne HPN, for example, will cost you $21.95 to start your day. In other news, NetJets still gets theirs for free.

Until some sweet soul decided to negotiate away our breakfasts. It's cold cereal and pastries nowadays unless you care to pony up for something warm or are at a Hampton or Holiday Express where you can feast on powdered eggs and curiously rubber styled bacon.

It's not appreciated btw. Nor is shelling out half to 2/3's of our less than standard per diem to get a decent breakfast when we stay at a nicer property.

Sorry. Hot button issue.

Would have to agree with this wholeheartedly! The quality of the hotels has dropped along with the breakfast. This all changed AFTER THE SALE!

Loosing our complimentary breakfast at the Crowne HPN, for example, will cost you $21.95 to start your day. In other news, NetJets still gets theirs for free.

I can only tell you the amount of times that we have checked into hotels, the front desk start to give us coupons for breakfast, and then they say; "Oh wait, I'm sorry, I thought you guys were NetJets"

Also, hate to say it, but just wait until the rate that the company negotiated is so low that you will no longer get the points.

I can only tell you the amount of times that we have checked into hotels, the front desk start to give us coupons for breakfast, and then they say; "Oh wait, I'm sorry, I thought you guys were NetJets"

Also, hate to say it, but just wait until the rate that the company negotiated is so low that you will no longer get the points.

They used to give free breakfast at Priority Club properties based on status. That changed, I believe it was jan 1st. Us getting free breakfast isn't because of our room rate change, it is because of change in their policy. Several hotel chains are doing this since we are no longer in an economic downturn.

Are you saying you never get hotel points? That is surprising since we actually use the same travel company.

Are you saying you never get hotel points? That is surprising since we actually use the same travel company.

"Never" would be inaccurate. But we certainly do not get the points we once did.

And make no mistake - the disappearing points, breakfast, etc is due to lower negotiated room rates. Not to mention the diminishing quality of hotels in general. I'm seeing a lot more Wingates / Radisons / Holiday Inn Expresses these days and few Hilton properties.

"Never" would be inaccurate. But we certainly do not get the points we once did.

And make no mistake - the disappearing points, breakfast, etc is due to lower negotiated room rates. Not to mention the diminishing quality of hotels in general. I'm seeing a lot more Wingates / Radisons / Holiday Inn Expresses these days and few Hilton properties.

Make no mistake that you are wrong.

For example:

We used to get breakfast in CCR at the Crowne Plaza.

I stayed there earlier this year at the SAME RATE and didn't get breakfast. I asked the manager and he said that all of the priority club properties that used to give us free breakfast based on status have changed. Our rate is not what gave use the breakfast, it was the status. Some of their hotels have free breakfast for everyone (holiday inn express) and those have not changed of course.

As far as I am aware Hilton has not changed their breakfast by status system.

Stayed at the Hyatt MMU and guess what, still had the same free breakfast included in our rate.

This doom and gloom sky is falling stuff has got to stop. Things hpmay have changed, but you are assuming they are the fault of the acquisition.

Last edited:

Sorry. Hot button issue.

This doom and gloom sky is falling stuff has got to stop. Things hpmay have changed, but you are assuming they are the fault of the acquisition.

It's the first time that anyone from Flex has spoken up and actually said something has changed and they view it as a changed for the worse since the purchase.

And immediately you jump all over them about doom and gloom, it's not the fault of the acquisition.

Maybe start listening to what other people actually say, whether or not you like it, whether or not you choose to want to believe it, whether or not you agree with it, whether or not anything.

All you do is argue that everyone else is wrong and everything that comes out of you mouth and keyboard is the almighty words of the land.
Other people have thoughts and opinions, even some of your other fellow Flex pilots.

So go ahead, jump down their throats and tell them they are wrong, tell them that just because they lost a perk in the eyes that meant something to them, that they think it's all doom and gloom and that they are crazy for thinking that, and they need to stop it right this minute, or else......

You're just plain wrong on this. The pilot group is noticing less amenities and cheaper properties. Sure there are some factors outside of our rates like policy changes at some properties, but that's not the whole picture. Hamptons and Holiday Inn Expresses give away their breakfasts because it's pure crap that they serve. Ie. it's cheap.

TWA cares about only himself and is going to do and say whatever it takes to keep himself in his comfy little world and he don't give a damn who's quality of life is comprised or why..This is why a guy like him hates Unions. He's not concerned about any fellow pilots or employees..He don't give a damn who's pay is frozen or who gets demoted or who after 13-25 years gets thrown into the right seat as long as its not him. But when KR is done using him like a little puppet and breaks all the promises of having a wonderful career he will be crying the loudest..And the ********************ed up part. (the one thing I can't stand about unions myself) the union will fight for his rights instead of telling him to screw off..Unions are far from perfect but its the only thing we got with KR at the helm

Yea, life on the road here at Flex is really starting to suck. Just back from a 6 dayer, I was forced to stay in 1) Crown Plaza, 2) Red Roof, 3) 2 Hilton's and 4) a Hilton GI.
Ohh, the horror,, the horror.
WL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back