Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FO/Flex how would you vote to integrate??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IBT do not petition the NMB, doesn't that keep us separate? That is what I believe all or most of the Flex guys believe. My understanding is that while yes, KR wants single carrier

Correct, only the Union can petition, and KR want's it.

So should the Union be the big bad bully that everyone wants it to be and not peitition for single? Just so they can keep the Union.

Or should the Union work with the company to come to a solution to merge to everyone's benefit and help the company with their future plans? Taking a risk of cutting it own throat.

Correct, only the Union can petition, and KR want's it.

So should the Union be the big bad bully that everyone wants it to be and not peitition for single? Just so they can keep the Union.

Or should the Union work with the company to come to a solution to merge to everyone's benefit and help the company with their future plans? Taking a risk of cutting it own throat.

I am glad I at least understand that part. Ok, so, KR wants it, FO wants their union and Flex does not. Not starting a fight here, but why petition? If as you said I am correct, than we get to stay separate as long as no one petitions. Yes, KR does not get his way, but it seems with us separate, it is a win/win. Right? Again, not looking to start a fight, just making sure I understand what I am hearing and being told.

Thanks for the calm open dialogue.

It's already been said on multiple occasions that a single carrier petition is not needed to accomplish the vision. It sounds like either you are being told something different and possibly being played or you are using the fence negotiations as a way to see if you can strike a deal that benefits your group. That's fair enough since you are organized and have a voice in the fence negotiations. Our only recourse is to vote out your union/contract if you force the game with a single carrier petition. Fair is fair. Realize that if you get fence agreements that satisfy your union and you decide to make a petition for single carrier there will more than likely be no union left to enforce those agreements.

So, if KR wants a single carrier and the cards get sent in, then he will do a "voluntary recognition". The pilots will have to work out an amended CBA with the company and the whiners will still continue to complain while the company moves foreward.

I am glad I at least understand that part. Ok, so, KR wants it, FO wants their union and Flex does not. Not starting a fight here, but why petition? If as you said I am correct, than we get to stay separate as long as no one petitions. Yes, KR does not get his way, but it seems with us separate, it is a win/win. Right? Again, not looking to start a fight, just making sure I understand what I am hearing and being told.

Thanks for the calm open dialogue.

Look at the cost savings of the operation from KR's standpoint.

Separate = Scheduler's if combined trying to keep track of 2 different set's of rules, schedules, everything.

Customers wonder why Flex does this and Flops does that when it's owned by the same company.

Together = Everything combined, 1 Ops center, 1 CP, 1 DO, etc.......

If I owned a business and bought another like business, I would want to combine as much overlap as I could to get the maximum return for my investments.

That's how I view it.

Listen up. KR is going to make a deal with the union that we can't refuse. Things go good-he takes the credit. Things go bad -he blames the union. Were you born last night?

TWA. One last time to ask a civil question from you. Lets say we negotiate a new contract before single carrier status is complete.( Trust me I dont want Single Carrier, Just for the fact of ever having to deal with you) And the new contract has better pay, benefits, and work rules. Then you currently have at FJ. Then KR gets his single carrier staus after the fact and a union vote is put to the pilots..How will you vote then?

Latest resources

Back