• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

flying with wisdom teeth out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
seems like they told me to swish salt water around pretty often in there and that really helped and seemed to make me heal quicker. the curved tip syringe for blasting food out is a necessity. I went for the oral surgeon..knocked me out cold and woke up really happy and feelin good-that wears off after a few hours

I got the same advice gdub did. Use a tea bag.

That just sounds bad...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Thanks for all the good info though. Having my wisdom teeth yanked in the next couple of months. For once, flightinfo has left me feeling quite learned.

"This is a learned house of doctors!!" -D. Doback

MESA Sucks!

I was out for about 3 days. I don't remember what my medication (pain killers) was but I took it for only one day.

Trust everyone when they say get knocked out and went to an oral surgeon. My dentist did it with some local antiseptic. They were still impacted and under the gums. Major cluter .... terrible experience looked like I got hit in the face with a bat.

I had 11 shots of Novocain and talked to the guy the whole time he was sawing away! All 4 at once. Didn't seem bad at all, until later that day. Yup.... sucked @$$.

Oral surgeon. Let them knock you out.

When I got mine out, I remember the knocking out in the office, then next thing I know I'm in bed at home. Didn't remember waking up in the office or the drive home at all. I had 2 valium to take the night before, and 2 the morning of. That might have had something to do with not remembering anything. You might want to try it.

Yup. Good plan. I did the same.

Here's a bit of advice to keep this from occuring...They make plastic syringes that curve at the end...sort of a cheap water pick. Patterson Brand is who makes the one I have. Most oral sugeons should have these available for you after the surgery. You MUST keep the holes clean :)laugh: ). The only way to do this is to use warm water and get the food out. Rice is the absolute worst. Thing is, its what you don't feel that can cause an infection. Its kinda gross, yet amazing at the same time, the buffet of food particles that can get stuck back there and you don't even know it. Eat a granola bar and you'll find out very quickly.

Cheers

Serious wisdom here.

Wait... you can deduct medical stuff for the job?
I just spent like almost $1000 for first class medical, contacts, eye exam, and glasses. Can that all be deducted?

I have astigmatism so my contacts are expensive.

be careful-

you have to have a certain percentage of your income spent.... There is a threshold-don't play games w/the man!

-Consult your tax professional.

for those that have had "impacted" wisdom teeth removed while having the flying job, how long do you recommend being away from the cockpit, seeing that we have one of those jobs where you have to be "with it."

Also, just curious how much to expect to pay, before insurance deductions, for all 4 out?

Thanks in advance.

You can get FMLA-just take a week off!

Latest resources

Back