Flying to Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LegacyDriver said:
A company can certify a jet below what it would qualify for folks.

Okay, but WHY would it do that? Of course going faster will burn more fuel, but why not leave that decision up to the pilots? Just because you can fly at max cruise doesn't mean you have to. I must be missing something obvious here.

bigD said:
Just because you can fly at max cruise doesn't mean you have to. I must be missing something obvious here.
Yeah, you're probably missing something here. Max cruise is typically the cheapest way to operate most business jets.

'Sled

Why is operating at max cruise the cheapest way to operate an jet? Everytime I plug the numbers for a trip into Universal or GDC, mid range cruise is always cheaper (DOC) than high speed. As for flight time reduction, I would think that they would be offset by other variables. Maybe I'm missing something too.

D'oh! He gets the BS flag - AGAIN!

LegacyDriver said:
3) Reliability - the Legacy is the most reliable jet in the world and if you think otherwise you are a complete fool! This is a 99.5 percent dispatch rate unadjusted! (Not Cessna or Gulfstream BS reliability where 80 is 99.5). In four years and over 2000 cycles I have aborted ZERO missions.
Overlooking any of the other claims you make here, that one about four years is simply a LIE. Please see the following link for a little history on the airplane you claim to know so well.

http://www.teterboro-online.com/news/news03/indigo3.shtml

The problem here, just in case you don't want to check it out, is that the airplane was certified in Dec. of 2001. Soooooo, adding four years (with you starting out as the certification test pilot turned corporate weenie) makes the correct anniversary date 12/05. We're not there unless I've missed a thing or two.

Next, we have this:
LegacyDriver said:
I have also never gone to 410 but I know the plane can do it by looking at my diff. At 390 I am nowhere near 8.3 psid. Obviously EMB felt the added pressure would not raise the doc of the airplane.
Is your employer aware that you're this stupid??????? You can go higher because the pressurization isn't maxed out?? Really! Is that all there is to it? Is that all I need to be thinking about?!?

You know what? You sound really dangerous to me. We just had a CRJ crew find out why there are maximum weight for cruise altitude charts. They died trying to fix the consequences of their ignorance. I sincerely hope that you'll go out on an educational LOA and learn a few things about the job you do. You're clearly not qualified to be in the seat you're in.

Just so we're clear, I want to reiterate what I am saying - You are LYING about your experience in the airplane. You are probably LYING about plenty of other things. It is also obvious that you have some serious misconceptions about some fundamental issues related to high performance flight operations.

LegacyDriver said:
I am arguing with morons it is clear.
Look in the mirror sir. There you will see what you have so arrogantly called the rest of us.

No lying here at all. As stated earlier in this thread, I also have ERJ experience. I had no aborts in that aircraft. I have had none in the Legacy.

As for my ignorance of pressurization, perhaps it is you who is ignorant. If we want to take this tube above 410 (to sat, 430) at the 410 cabin alt we need to go to 8.5 diff. The Legacy and RJ do not operate at max diff until 410 which is why we got the 410 capability so quickly (the plane is over-engineered for its original mission in nearly every area).

My point is simply that the tube is strong enough (and the engines strong enough for that matter) to do it. How the wing reacts is outside my ability to say--i don't own a fluid dynamics lab.

See the Legacy Bashfest thread for more. I am done on this thread.

Last edited:
AA717driver said:
Here's the real deal-breaker: How many bizjet pilots out there have to wear David Clarks cause the COCKPIT IS SO **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ED NOISY? (shouting because LD is probably deaf from the wind noise)

BTW, the other night, we took 5:40 and burned 14k in gas to go from EWR to LAX with 120 kt headwinds till we got to ALS. We had to slow down to M.83 so we could climb to FL470 over MCI. This thing is a beast! :D TC

You must have been heavy or have a heavy completion, TC. I was flying a G550 with a 48,000 pound BOW and 4 pax yesterday and had no problem cruising at M 0.85 @ FL470 and M 0.84 @ FL490 and tankering 10,000 pounds of fuel into destination.

It is a beast!

GV

Latest resources

Back