Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HMR

I Live by the River.
Anyone have Boeing Winds for California to Hawaii? If not, can any of you guys with alot of crossings give me a guess on average winds? Trying to put together a proposal for the boss. I already searched Google and Flightinfo.

HMR

ultrarunner said:
I could be off base here, but if you need wind info to evaluate a bird for that route, you're not looking at the right bird.
You're right, no matter how hard I try to fudge the numbers, our Jet Commander just won't make it ;).

AN-2,
Thanks for the websites!

HMR said:
Anyone have Boeing Winds for California to Hawaii? If not, can any of you guys with alot of crossings give me a guess on average winds? Trying to put together a proposal for the boss. I already searched Google and Flightinfo.

HMR
Have you tried Universal? They have average winds for months and will give you a flight plan with all the senerio's that you will need to fly a well planned trip with fuel burns, ETP's and coast and out to HI. You will find, that with the G100(SPX) you will not want to go with more than a 50 or so knot headwind. Anything more than that and you will have wet footprint on the O2 senerio. This will assume a decent to 15,000.

G100driver said:
Have you tried Universal? They have average winds for months and will give you a flight plan with all the senerio's that you will need to fly a well planned trip with fuel burns, ETP's and coast and out to HI. You will find, that with the G100(SPX) you will not want to go with more than a 50 or so knot headwind. Anything more than that and you will have wet footprint on the O2 senerio. This will assume a decent to 15,000.

Thanks G100. The aircraft in question are the G200 and Falcon 50. I'm trying to figure out if we could take the DA50 from a 5500', sea level runway on the coast, 8pax + bags and make it to Hawaii with at least an hour reserve. I'm curious if we'd be able to do it any day of the year or just most of the time? You have some DA50 time, don't you?

I know for the G200 we would have to hop over to one of the big runways nearby.

We wouldn't attempt it in the Astra. I just turned down a contract HI trip in a straight Astra. I know guys who do it but... planning on landing with 1200 lbs is above my courage level and below my intelligence level.

HMR

The Falcon 50 will do it most days. I have done a number of crossings in Falcon 50s with never a delay or issue.

Depending on your departure point, there are probably a few days each year that you might have a problem, and even on those days you could probably find someplace you could make it from comfortably.

Are we talking about a Falcon 50EX or just a straight 50..?? If its the EX you will have no problem at all any day of the week... Its about a 3000nm+. If its the straight 50, Im pretty sure you won't have a problem either.... I think that is about 2300 to 2400 nm to Hawaii from Cali.. The 50 should be able to handle that.. I don't know anything about to G200.... Is the G200 a Galaxy?? If it is a know a operator out of Ft Worth TX that flies one back from Hawaii non stop if the conditions are right.

HMR--check the thread on this board entitled "Falcon 50/900 information wanted". Falcon Capt. posted some really good info on the 50.

The thread eventually degenerates into a sex and barbeque discussion... But don't they all? :D ;) TC

Latest resources

Back