• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying Struck Work???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Struck work is defined by the striking party, and is defined clearly at that time for the benefit of other pilot unions. If there is a strike at Midwest, they will let everyone know what they see as being struck work. Once that work is defined, we at RAH:

1) Will not fly it, as we are not scabs, and never have been scabs

2) Are, by CBA, compelled to not fly the struck work

3) Are no longer obligated to fly that work

4) Are protected from disciplinary actions by the company

Everyone seems so quick to judge, but very few of you have any actual experience with these matters. Strikes and struck work are legal actions and principles, and legality does not move an expeditious pace. we at RAH cannot refuse to fly for Midwest until they announce a strike, and then ALPA defines struck work for this particular strike. On another front, we at RAH are mounting our own legal challenge to this new deal in protection of our CBA. However, legal challenges are not made overnight, and run on the schedule of the courts.

So everyone settle the flip down, and let this play out. NO PILOT AT RAH has crossed a picket line, flown a Midwest plane against the advisement of our union, or acted in any way contrary to the CBA of RAH or Midwest.

Midwest can't strike, they have no legal standing to do so. Republic is not replacement work. Midwest is removing aircraft from service, not replacing aircraft in service.

I honestly don't understand how so few people can figure this out. Midwest is almost dead. Republic is just holding the gates until the Delta merger. TPG put up money. NW didn't. Enter Republic. They put up money for NW to fulfill its (Republic's) duty to shareholders, fly all of the planes. The bonus is that there will be some sort or reward after the merger. I really think this money puts Comair at a big risk.

Ultimately, this really isn't a union matter. All of you keep talking it up like it's the worst thing that ever happened.

Republic is not replacement work. Midwest is removing aircraft from service, not replacing aircraft in service.

Ehhhhh? Could you explain that? Are they taking out a 717 and replacing it with a 17?

I am lost, so what exactly is going on?

I wish the Republic union would grow some balls and stand up and say, "we are not taking mainline jobs , this whole deal stinks and it's not right". If this goes down, your pilot group won't have my respect anymore. This is a low blow, you have a "unified" pilot group, now you have to make a decision. What's it going to be?

Ehhhhh? Could you explain that? Are they taking out a 717 and replacing it with a 17?

I am lost, so what exactly is going on?

Yeah. Bear with my poor analogy. When I buy a new car I remove my old car from service, then I put my new car in service. It happens on the same day, but I never have more than one car at any one time.

The 717's will be returned to Boeing and removed from the certificate as the 170's come on. From a fuzzy picture, it looks like even the N#'s are starting where the 9 remaining 717's stop.

Like I said before W, this is not a union issue. People are carrying on like it is. Nobody cuts 78 percent of its fleet just for wage cuts at mainline. The transfer of aircraft is also not an issue, because Midwest won't last that long. If and when the Delta merger goes, Midwest will be the first thing gone. TPG will sell the gates to Delta, then pull whatever cash they have left in it and put it ch. 7. Airplanes will go back to Republic. Paint the aircraft again and you have a nice minihub (it will never be as big as it was in early 2007).

One thing I learned from this: If an airline is removing aircraft from service and no furlough letters are sent, expect more furloughs. The 80's were parked at about the same time furlough notices went out, as well as this new announcement. Many are collecting a check for a month or two and not even flying before their furlough.

I wish the Republic union would grow some balls and stand up and say, "we are not taking mainline jobs , this whole deal stinks and it's not right". If this goes down, your pilot group won't have my respect anymore. This is a low blow, you have a "unified" pilot group, now you have to make a decision. What's it going to be?

by your statement, it appears we already don't have your respect. Our union is currently mounting a legal challenge to the Midwest deal. Since there are currently no Midwest planes to fly, we can't exactly refuse to show up to work, now can we? The only front to fight on right now is the legal one, and we are doing so. I really don't understand what else you expect us to do at this time.

I wish people had better command of what's really going on here. I wish some of these 'professionals' knew what a scab is, and what a strike is. So many experts on here calling Republic strikebreakers and Midwest isn't even on strike.

My thoughts to Republics' flight crews. You all have one heck of an image and PR battle to fight, if the great flightinfo is any gauge of the matter.

The 717's will be returned to Boeing and removed from the certificate as the 170's come on. From a fuzzy picture, it looks like even the N#'s are starting where the 9 remaining 717's stop.

the n# on the airplane did not change. this was a former mid atlantic (usair) airplane. there are several other MA/MD tail numbers and has nothing to do with the Midex N#s

Latest resources

Back