Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
heres a new one for the day

cherokee 952 on left base and a falcon calling in on a 5 mile final

cherokee952, continue through the localizer, make a right turn southeast bound for a right downwind to follow a Falcon10 inside of five miles.

"Roger"

15 seconds later, the cherokee is on a 2 mile final, the falcon 3 out,

Cherokee 952, Go around...what part of fly through the localizer didn't you understand? What part of fly southeast on a right downwind did you understand?

um.....Im a student pilot, i didn't know what that meant so i just turned final.

NICE!!! Love those

Oh, and warm beer and especially moths in my beer, I hate that!!!

everything above and....

- getting stuck behind a Caravan in the winter

- having an FO that's less skilled than many student pilots

....even more painful when the two are combined

How about guys that complain non-stop about not being a captain yet, but don't even have a clue about company SOP much less be able to fly remotly near standards and on profile. Also a part 25 aircraft flying under part 121 is not a fighter from top gun. Our goal isn't to throw it around the sky and show how jerky we can be on the controls. Here's a word or two to ponder.......FINESSE.....SMOOOOOOTH (can't have enough O's in smooth).......Another concept to consider......descent planning, a clearance at pilots discression doesn't mean we have to start down immedietly from 200 miles out and get bounced around for the rest of the flight. It's O.K. to actually compute a TOD and use it. The excuse that you don't want to forget to start down is just lazy.

"Any traffic in the area please advise"
"Any traffic on base advise"
"Request traffic advisories"

I ADVISE YOU TO LOOK OUT THE D*MN WINDOW!!!!!!

That crap is spreading like the plague.

T-Hawk

April 15th "Your hired expect june class date"

May 21st "furloughed 24; class's delayed indefinatly"

Swiming in pools!!!!

Mooser

Lrjtcaptain said:
cherokee952, continue through the localizer, make a right turn southeast bound for a right downwind to follow a Falcon10 inside of five miles.

Why are you asking a VFR guy to fly through a localizer? Just curious.

Traumahawk said:
"Any traffic in the area please advise"
"Any traffic on base advise"
"Request traffic advisories"

I ADVISE YOU TO LOOK OUT THE D*MN WINDOW!!!!!!

That crap is spreading like the plague.

T-Hawk
I used to think the same thing until I began flying a Corporate jet out of an uncontrolled field and had too many 172's and warriors not bothering to run a transponder (for TCAS) or talk on the radio. When ATC holds you at 11,000 feet until 8 miles from the airport (standard procedure for our class B, airport elevation in the 600's) it gets difficult to see the guys in the pattern that are under you.

There are also a huge number of idiots out there that have no idea what the AIM says about traffic patterns and come out of all different directions, not to mention the banner towing airplanes that love to cross 2 miles off the approach end of the runway at 800 to 1000 feet. Add to it the crowd transitioning the area at 1500 feet to aviod having to talk to approach and it starts to get interesting, especially when your min speed is sometimes 50 knots faster than most of the other traffic is going.

The worst I ever saw was at PBI in a 737. We were shooting the ILS in over the ocean, the weather was 800 and 2, and a mile or so inside the outer marker we got a traffic alert from TCAS along with an RA, and went missed approach. As we were sucking the gear up we saw the offending airplane, a 172, scud running, not talking to anybody. If it had not been for TCAS we would be a statistic and a major news story.

So pardon my bad manners, but you will continue to have to hear me say "Any traffic please advise." because quite honestly I do not trust the other guy to be doing what he is supposed to.

Guess I must be getting old or something!! :)

KeroseneSnorter said:
I used to think the same thing until I began flying a Corporate jet out of an uncontrolled field and had too many 172's and warriors not bothering to run a transponder (for TCAS) or talk on the radio. When ATC holds you at 11,000 feet until 8 miles from the airport (standard procedure for our class B, airport elevation in the 600's) it gets difficult to see the guys in the pattern that are under you.

There are also a huge number of idiots out there that have no idea what the AIM says about traffic patterns and come out of all different directions, not to mention the banner towing airplanes that love to cross 2 miles off the approach end of the runway at 800 to 1000 feet. Add to it the crowd transitioning the area at 1500 feet to aviod having to talk to approach and it starts to get interesting, especially when your min speed is sometimes 50 knots faster than most of the other traffic is going.

The worst I ever saw was at PBI in a 737. We were shooting the ILS in over the ocean, the weather was 800 and 2, and a mile or so inside the outer marker we got a traffic alert from TCAS along with an RA, and went missed approach. As we were sucking the gear up we saw the offending airplane, a 172, scud running, not talking to anybody. If it had not been for TCAS we would be a statistic and a major news story.

So pardon my bad manners, but you will continue to have to hear me say "Any traffic please advise." because quite honestly I do not trust the other guy to be doing what he is supposed to.

Guess I must be getting old or something!! :)
amen brother, why they send 121's to uncontrolled fields is beyond me, and i can't stand those idiots buzzin around not talkin to anyone....

Latest resources

Back