Flying Pet Peeves!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SCT

I fly with a guy, who seems to never to be able to give the ATIS with his initial call to ground control.......This drives me crazy!!! And of course ground has to tie up the radio by calling us back to see if we have the current info. I even remind him and he forgets on the next leg (He is an experienced and skilled pilot.)

Anyone else?

Pet Peeves:

When the previous person who flew the plane leaves everything on, flys when fuel is below the tabs then that causes me to stand around for 30 mins waiting to get fuel

Colorado Weather being sh!tty for 2 weeks straight allowing me to only get 1 flight in in the last 30 days

When people who put the ATIS up speak so unclearly you cant understand a dang thing they say

When the tower refers to me as a Cessna when Im clearly a Piper

hmmm....let's see...

How about an FO who picks up an "as filed" clearance, but isn't sure what the "as filed" routing is, so instead of asking just plugs direct routings between VORs along the way into the GPS. Never mind that the route we fly EVERY FREAKIN DAY has the same airways and intersections EVERY FREAKIN DAY to keep out of restricted airspace...yeah, that's one of my favorites.

Another favorite is flying with someone who, if unprompted will wait until we reach the end of the runway, stop and set the brake before looking over and saying "you want me to go over to tower now?". NO, LETS JUST SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO GROUND FOR A WHILE!!

sheeshh....sorry folks, it's been a long week.

the guy who flips the switch and hollers out with his best airline voice "and center XXXX's 1234 checkin in witcha 35-O, hows the rides??"

stepping on everyone else on the freq.

listen up before you talk jacka$$.

the ride?? the F'n ride is the same as it was 2.5 secs ago when you asked the previous controller.

I never had any problems with pet peeves as most of them were carried in the belly but I think we allowed two per cabin if they were kept in cages that fit under the seats.

( sorry, but someone had to say it so I thought I'd go ahead and get it over with )

Atis

Seems like over the past few years Atis brodcasts have been getting longer and longer and lonnngerrrrr...Sheesh What gives.

After a twenty min. atis they go into notams, "caution for blue truck next to taxiway "A" ,caution for Navy field 5 south of the field that has been mistaken for ....blah blah blah blah"

I love the one captain I fly with that ALWAYS files direct to EVERY destination instead of looking up the Preferred Route. I love getting that "November XXXX ready to copy a full route clearance?" from the controller...

Latest resources

Back