Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Armies of Les Nessmans with walls (sort of). Still no door."

Gotta love a good "WKRP" reference.:D

I'm surprised the thread has made it this long without the usual: "my buddy got a $90,000/yr right out of college, and he only works 30 hours a week."

I'm surprised the thread has made it this long without the usual: "my buddy got a $90,000/yr right out of college, and he only works 30 hours a week."

No kidding, dude. I do love the people who use Flight Info to justify their existence by stating "I pull down six figures and my hot wife is a doctor". It brings a bit of comic relief. Back to the original question: I'll offer my observations of the pros and cons of flying and try to be objective as possible.
PROS: Great view, competent co-workers in the form of CAs or FOs, flying when you want to, no work to take home.
CONS: Commuting, moving, base closures, furloughs, flying when you don't want to, being a number.
GREY AREAS: 16hr duty days that many times mean being awake for +18hrs, being tired all the time, long flights can be boring, hotels, living out of a suitcase, and in general being just a number.

Now for my opinion, don't expect aviation to answer any of life's problems.

Latest resources

Back