• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flow Through Is Done!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
East wasn't dragged into it! Once they (East) found out the West Folks were gonna sit down with us even after the East refused to show, must have a set a fire under there butt.

They will put out a press release saying that the East MEC was the driving force and have been working on this very hard etc etc. Also they will put a memo out that US East pilot are now allowed to look PSA,PDT guys in the eye as they walk by.

we're so effed. we were supposed to be adding flying back this month. i don't trust mr. pharoah for a second, this is alll a smokescreen to keep us sorry suckers here. they can't train 100 upgrades in a year, that is ridiculous that they're parking airplanes due to training requirements. and when we get back to a full schedule, we will be lucky to get back to where we are at right now. certainly won't be back to the level of flying that we had a year ago. somebody help us.......

Also looking at the numbers, 1 for 4 out of 350, is about 90 pilots, I guess from the WO's, whether that's from each WO, or total, don't know. The numbers thrown around in the PDT and PSA letters, would indicate it's 1 for 4 from Each WO.

CRZI. I think the 1/4 is each. PSA put out the number of 72 for 2008 and piedmont 100 for 2008. This is 172 or 49%. So basically for every 2 new hires 1 will come from the street and 1 from a WO.
Food for thought now. Out of the first 66 names on the CEL list, only 2 of them are PSA guys. So the pref hirring will end up out of CEL seniority just due to the hevily loaded PDT list on the top. Although it may not be a problem, as I would expect most of the top 10% at both carriers not to go to mainline.

I would expect most of the top 10% at both carriers not to go to mainline.

Yes, or even higher! Hmmm, your 55 years old and making 80-90K with a sweet schedule and 4 Slots of Vaction and using your occurences the correct way. That kinda money working 9 months out of the year aint bad. I would think I would pass it on that note also!

Then you have to factor those folks in there Middle 40's that have kids in college, house, car..... Many couldn't make it on 30k!

I think this will mainly benefit are the single captains or ones married with no kids, or (like me) that have a wife that makes about as much coin as I do.

It will be interesting to see how many Pass it up.

And if they order Q400's with some better rates..... Hell I might even pass it up.

remind me why we ever got girls in our lifes ??? D*mn they are expensive and b*tch a lot!

Piedmont, PSA, America West and US Airways came to agreement on Flow through talks today!

Yes, they did...kinda. Not everything has been inked between the MECs. There is another meeting scheduled for October.

One of the members representing AAA mentioned to me, "We briefed the MEC this week and they have some concerns and will revisit it once we meet with the company. It is not a done deal in any case."

I believe one of the stick points has to do with pref hiring, but he couldn't go into detail.

T8

Yes, or even higher! Hmmm, your 55 years old and making 80-90K with a sweet schedule and 4 Slots of Vaction and using your occurences the correct way. That kinda money working 9 months out of the year aint bad. I would think I would pass it on that note also!

Then you have to factor those folks in there Middle 40's that have kids in college, house, car..... Many couldn't make it on 30k!

I think this will mainly benefit are the single captains or ones married with no kids, or (like me) that have a wife that makes about as much coin as I do.

It will be interesting to see how many Pass it up.

And if they order Q400's with some better rates..... Hell I might even pass it up.

wsurf is correct - just like the MDA bid in 2004. Most senior guys couldn't do the 37/hr at MDA as an FO so they didn't take it. Thus it came down to the mid/lower level to junior capts such as myself and senior FO. The majority of which were either single or married with no kids. There were a few older senior guys with kids/house and such but they were the exception more than the rule.

At the MEC meeting, GD informed the 3 AAA reps and two AWA reps about LCC management's pref hiring scheme. The AAA MEC hadn't even heard of it. That was on 9/6. 9/13 PDT MEC Code-a-phone says they just found out on 9/12. A little discrepancy on who knew what and when they knew it. I think the Pref hiring is the sticking point right now. Perhaps LCC is anticipating a delayed Flow Through and will accept new hires. We'll see if they honor the longevity from PDT.

Also at the meeting on 9/6, the PDT guys wanted a "reservation" seniority number...they could sit at PDT as a Capt, get a seniority number at LCC, then come over when their seniority would afford them to be off reserve at LCC or could hold an airframe that suited their pay. That got shot down.

The ghost numbers where also put to rest for good, too.

T8

Well if the Flow Thru is agreed on by Management and Folks at PDT are operationally Held at Piedmont, then there Date at Mainline should be when they are operatonally held.......... Do you agree?

Well if the Flow Thru is agreed on by Management and Folks at PDT are operationally Held at Piedmont, then there Date at Mainline should be when they are operatonally held.......... Do you agree?

But do you think people will actually want to go to mainline flying the 190?
First seven (7) years you only get 1 week vacation. Plust you could be stuck on reserve that whole time making $52k if you are lucky.

Ok, you might be able to go to a group 2 aircraft. But what if you get seat locked?

7 years at most regionals you get 3 weeks vacation, plus you would be a Captain making close to $100k.
I think it will go very junior to PSA and PDT. Am i wrong?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back