• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flow Through Is Done!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL is right. Not to be forgotten, the Ransome/Pan Am Express seniority extension where the PA Express pilots got seniority numbers while flying ATR's. This is how Pan Am pilots got all flying done by Pan Am pilots, even though they were separate Certificates and working agreements. Some of those pilots retired from Delta with those numbers.

That is the kind of job protections ALPA (& Teamsters, etc....) need to be working on to avoid whipsaw.

Yup, all 2 of them. When you're right, you're right. Flow through works. If only a certain group would have been more open to the idea. Oh well, opportunity lost.

Iddn't dat sumptin?

How odd. What will be truly surprising is when they bring at least two back.

Then you know the world has gone totally mad.

Wow. Piedmont's gonna park 9 more Dash-8s.

yep, this is because of the pilot attrition to mainline! I would think that once the smoke is settled we will be operationally held at PDT! Which is cool, as long as I can accure longevity will I am still at PDT.

US West had to drag the East MEC to the table on this deal, so congrats to PSA,PDT and AWA for working past them. WO guys remember that the East guys have never done anything for you and will at every opportunity treat you like a second class citizen. Good luck to all.

US West had to drag the East MEC to the table on this deal, so congrats to PSA,PDT and AWA for working past them. WO guys remember that the East guys have never done anything for you and will at every opportunity treat you like a second class citizen. Good luck to all.

East wasn't dragged into it! Once they (East) found out the West Folks were gonna sit down with us even after the East refused to show, must have a set a fire under there butt.

Not sure what your talking about dragging the east over there. This isn't the "flow through" between carriers. There is no automatic flow up, nor any flow down. Right now management is instituting a preferential hiring program, where they will hire 1 for 4 from the WO's (that's how I read it) If there is a flow through agreed upon, those prev. hired will be covered by the covenants of that flow through.

I believe part of this is for pilot retention. PSA/PDT can't hold any new f/o's, especially PSA. PSA's letter states they prob. will ground 1or 2 more airplanes the facilitate this, and they have already budgeted an extra 4800 hours of sim time next year for the movement. With PSA/PDT now able to offer preferential hiring, a bunch of guys will prob. hang out a little bit longer and forgo the bonuses at Republic and such.

It's amazing that, most likely if f/o wages and even capt wages were raised some, that would stem some of the attrition. But management looks at it, and budgets an EXTRA 4800hrs of sim. Park 2 or more airplanes (this might be on top of the 5 already parked) and find it as a cheaper way to retain guys than to pay them....pretty f*(k*d up.

Forgot to add......mins are 1500 turboprop/jet, 500 fixed wing. ATP or written. And something new that they have to do this time around, if you end up getting on the Airbus, most likely you'll get typed as a new hire (in '99 new hires couldn't opt for the types till after probation) From what I heard, it may depend on what base you end up at, and the reason for the type, is the bus does some trips with IRO's....

Also looking at the numbers, 1 for 4 out of 350, is about 90 pilots, I guess from the WO's, whether that's from each WO, or total, don't know. The numbers thrown around in the PDT and PSA letters, would indicate it's 1 for 4 from Each WO.

Last edited:
PCL is right. Not to be forgotten, the Ransome/Pan Am Express seniority extension where the PA Express pilots got seniority numbers while flying ATR's. This is how Pan Am pilots got all flying done by Pan Am pilots, even though they were separate Certificates and working agreements. Some of those pilots retired from Delta with those numbers.

That is the kind of job protections ALPA (& Teamsters, etc....) need to be working on to avoid whipsaw.

the ransome deal was before the ATR days - and it was because the old man (JD himself) dictated that his pilots get DOH at the mainline or no deal - PA wanted JD's slots in JFK and DCA. JD was a true "pilots' pilot" not to mention an incredible bussiness person.

Wow. Piedmont's gonna park 9 more Dash-8s.

I think Steve's letter is poorly written... Maybe what he means is something like this:

January: down three airplanes
February: still down three airplanes
March: down two airplanes
April: Down just one airplane
May: Full Schedule

That being said, good luck Steve! We couldn't even get homeless guys down by the river to work here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back