• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In 2006, $8,000.00 from 1935 is worth:

$117,465.40 using the Consumer Price Index
$97,566.53 using the GDP deflatorusing the value of consumer bundle *
$291,170.84 using the unskilled wage
$611,710.55 using the nominal GDP per capita
$1,440,076.40 using the relative share of GDP

*Data for consumer bundle is only available till 2005.

Reference: http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/

WOw, B19 what do you say about unions now...I'd take the 8000,00, back then.

tip of the day

To all you FUD spreading goons at FUD and Harrysax, if you can't AFFORD THE TIP DON'T EAT OUT AT EXPENSIVE RESTAURANTS! We are professionals and will be compensated as such. My bet is Flops is paying you more than the AVERAGE american salary to do their dirty work for them. Contract or Fire SALE. ITS COMING!

The "CEO" mission has changed from protecting employees and giving an "acceptable" standard of living to giving people with options unlimited power to take from the company what they THINK they are worth by forceful methods.

What is fair is fair, but the "CEO" mission has changed from helping everybody to helping a select few and screwing everybody else.

I took the artistic liberty of substituting "union" for "CEO".

B19, it looks like I can finally agree with you 100% on this.

I took the artistic liberty of substituting "union" for "CEO".

B19, it looks like I can finally agree with you 100% on this.

Hey B19, Read this

The Shameful Greed Of Airline Ceos
By Jim Hightower, AlterNet.
As the airline industry continues to sink into the muck, CEOs are raking in salary bonuses while slicing employee wages and benefits.

"United We Stand," shout the red, white, and blue CEOs of America's airlines as they rush to Washington to explain that their industry needs $3 billion in taxpayer subsidies to keep flying in these perilous economic times.
Meanwhile, back at headquarters, these same CEOs are shouting quite a different message at their employees. Instead of "United We Stand," it's "You're On Your Own," as the top dogs are firing thousands and demanding cuts of one-third to one-half in the paychecks of the employees that remain, plus making huge cuts in worker pensions.
"Well," hrrump the CEOs, "we're accepting cuts in our pay, too!" Look at Glenn Tilton, honcho at United Airlines. Poor Glenn took an 11 percent salary whack last year and is taking another 14 percent this year, they point out, tears welling in their eyes at the thought of Tilton's sacrifice in the common cause.
Yeah, "poor Glenn" is down to only $712,000 in salary this year. But wait ... there's more. He's also getting $1.5 million in stock payments this year, a $3 million "signing bonus," and a special $4.5 million pension payment. His total haul is nearly $10 million. Talk about your friendly skies.
Likewise, ol' Leo Mullins at Delta Airlines, says he's cutting his salary to barely $600,000 this year, as well as giving up some $6 million in bonuses and stock payments. What a guy, huh? Before giving him the Golden Heart Award, however, let's note that he quietly is pocketing millions in corporate cash for a special pension fund he set up for himself this year, including extra payments to cover the taxes that he will owe on the special pension. Now that's putting the gold in the "golden years," isn't it?
Senator John McCain believes we should not bail out airlines until the CEO ripoffs end. To back McCain's effort, call his office: 202-224-2235.

Last edited:
Since steel workers keep coming up in this fractional forum I had the pleasure of meeting a few last night. He belongs to the local Iron workers UNION. All he does is tie rebar together for casting in concrete for a bridge build project. He never went to college, dropped out in the 10th grade. He learned his trade from on the job training. Never takes a physical that could make him lose his job. He does get random drug testing. Gladly pays his dues to the UNION. He will make 100K this year and plus a bonus that will likely equal 5K.

All I can say is... I am happy for him and sad for FLOPS pilots....

CONTRACT or FIRE SALE!

Voice of Treason and B19 are Working Together against the Flight Options Pilots

With all the meaningless debate, it is extremely important that all Flight Options Pilots realize that Voice of Treason and B19 are working together.

Their plan: Make the Flight Options Pilots wish for a 3rd alternative, a Toothless Pennyless In House Union like FOPA.

Why this Strategy? Ford and Harrison has realized they will not be able to get the Union voted out; so they need to find another way of chopping it off at the knees. Their answer: Get the Flight Options Pilots pissed off at both Management and the IBT 1108, then introduce the In House Union option.

If Ford and Harrison can split the Vote enough, and get the IBT 1108 replaced with FOPA, they would have done just as good as voting the IBT 1108 out. An In House Union will have no resources to fight the deep pockets of Flight Options.

Did everyone know that each Negotiating Session costs the Union approx. $25,000 dollars??? Where is an In House going to come up with funds like that? We are not Southwest Airlines. We have only around 600 Pilots, making far less wages.

Remember, Voice of Treason and B19 are working TOGETHER! VOT may ding B19 on this website, then he'll go out a buy B19 a Beer at 5pm.

With all the meaningless debate, it is extremely important that all Flight Options Pilots realize that Voice of Treason and B19 are working together.

Their plan: Make the Flight Options Pilots wish for a 3rd alternative, a Toothless Pennyless In House Union like FOPA.

Why this Strategy? Ford and Harrison has realized they will not be able to get the Union voted out; so they need to find another way of chopping it off at the knees. Their answer: Get the Flight Options Pilots pissed off at both Management and the IBT 1108, then introduce the In House Union option.

If Ford and Harrison can split the Vote enough, and get the IBT 1108 replaced with FOPA, they would have done just as good as voting the IBT 1108 out. An In House Union will have no resources to fight the deep pockets of Flight Options.

Did everyone know that each Negotiating Session costs the Union approx. $25,000 dollars??? Where is an In House going to come up with funds like that? We are not Southwest Airlines. We have only around 600 Pilots, making far less wages.

Remember, Voice of Treason and B19 are working TOGETHER! VOT may ding B19 on this website, then he'll go out a buy B19 a Beer at 5pm.

ROFL!!!!!

You need to lighten up there Tonto... :laugh:

I don't believe that any union, even an in house union ,will benefit the line pilot. I've seen those too, and they are kangaroo courts.

WOw, B19 what do you say about unions now...I'd take the 8000,00, back then.

I stand by my statement.

The union mission has changed from protecting those who could not protect themselves because they were forced to work because there were NO OTHER OPTIONS available.

Unions today are there to "represent" workers by squeezing every last cent of cash from an employer, even if it might mean the company doesn't survive.

Today's employees have choices, they are not forced to work where they do as they did when unions were first formed.

Since steel workers keep coming up in this fractional forum I had the pleasure of meeting a few last night. He belongs to the local Iron workers UNION. All he does is tie rebar together for casting in concrete for a bridge build project. He never went to college, dropped out in the 10th grade. He learned his trade from on the job training. Never takes a physical that could make him lose his job. He does get random drug testing. Gladly pays his dues to the UNION. He will make 100K this year and plus a bonus that will likely equal 5K.

All I can say is... I am happy for him and sad for FLOPS pilots....

CONTRACT or FIRE SALE!

You are out of context.

The steel workers were mentioned only in respect to the era for which unions were first formed and the original mission before there were federal laws to protect workers. The original mission is different from what happens today.

Contract or fire sale? Personally, I'd like to see the fire sale so the rest of the industry can see and learn what happens when unions infultrate an industry.

Struck a Nerve in Bob's (B19) Thin Skin

ROFL!!!!!

You need to lighten up there Tonto... :laugh:

I don't believe that any union, even an in house union ,will benefit the line pilot. I've seen those too, and they are kangaroo courts.

Strike you too close to the truth you Scab.

Bet you were shocked that you'd run into Pilots with more skills than just those required to fly airplanes.

You can take your Master's Degree in Group Dynamics (manipulating people) and stick it where the sun don't shine.

I'll put my real world, hard core sales experience up against your textbook manipulation skills any day.

I saw you coming long before you got here Bob.

The game you, Voice of Treason, and whatever new name you invent next week, are playing is up.

As is your time at Options. Wasn't it Bill (M)oisture that left for "other opportunities" one month to the day after the NetJets Contract was signed.

Sorry I blew the cover of your plan Bob.

Deny til you're blue in the face. I could care less.

Freedom is not Free.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back