• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flopsions Management....Corupt Third World Mentality

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There you go, taking credit for my silence when I'm on the other side of the pond. What?? Is this what they call a UNION busting vacation? Too lagged right now to respond properly, but the negative history of aviation unions and "industry leading contracts" is stable in a negative fashion, and doesn't need anything more than a unionized group of pilots moaning and groaning about how they are treated by management to prove my point. Since you only post in the FRAC forum-please try to keep your knowledge and reference to the fractional UNION IBT 1108. The union stirs things up, make everybody in the company miserable ( Is NJA Miserable?-NOT) and often places the company in jeapardy. More to follow.... after some sleep. (You mean your MGT meeting right?)

BS-are you slow or something?? Just answer the questions that keep coming up for you. I know they are hard because you will have to admit the IBT 1108 has done well for its members as well as for MGT and NJA's bottom line.

There you go, taking credit for my silence when I'm on the other side of the pond. Too lagged right now to respond properly, but the negative history of aviation unions and "industry leading contracts" is stable in a negative fashion, and doesn't need anything more than a unionized group of pilots moaning and groaning about how they are treated by management to prove my point. The union stirs things up, make everybody in the company miserable and often places the company in jeapardy. More to follow.... after some sleep.

First off. This has nothing to do with Unions. It has to do with you being a moron.

Re-read post #80

First off. This has nothing to do with Unions. It has to do with you being a moron.

Re-read post #80

The name calling is silly, but you support unions so I shouldn't take offense at it.

Here is the response I didn't have time for earlier.

Originally Posted by B19 Flyer
I've repeatedly stated that unions had their day. But pilots are not steel workers, factory workers and aren't forced to work in conditions that are not highly regulated by a governing body.

It's not 1933 anymore... the unions had their place in history. Unions were once there to protect.

You just don't get it do you? That is the prime directive of Unions.

No, you are WRONG. Unions DO NOT PROTECT TODAY!!!!

The prime directive of unions 70 years ago was to protect employees from working 100 hours a week for wages that did not allow them to feed their families, in working conditions that were dangerous at best. Union protection was needed when the federal government had no restrictions or labor laws to protect employees.

Today, your wages fischman (as you state below) are not just there to feed your family or pay your rent. At nearly 120,000 a year, your wages are is more than double than that of the average American. Today’s union greed will justify a high paycheck and work rules that union workers of the ‘30s would classify as sheer laziness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

By union standards in 1930, representation was there attempting to bring the average employee up to a level that at least compared to the average American, not double and triple the income as today’s greedy union has done on the backs of the other employees.

You complain about your seven on and seven off schedule? Maybe your boat payment is late?

In 1930 employees were working 7 days A WEEK and barely could pay rent or put food on the table, boat payment? Hah! Now, if they could find a way to get that coal dust out of their lungs..

When was the last time you had to work 30 days straight and in the end of that 30 days you couldn’t put food on the table? You had the choice to become a pilot. Many of those early unionized companies were in locations where there WAS no other work and people needed to go there because there wasn’t any other work. You had a choice, you had the opportunity to become a pilot, THEY DIDN’T!! They had to work in the factories.

Yes, UNIONS HAD THEIR PLACE IN TIME, but to compare what a union does today with what they did back then is the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever heard!!!

Now they are there not to produce a livable working wage, it's become an industry within itself and is there to strangle every single penny possible from hard working people.

You just don't get it do you? 1 hour of OT (which I get due to the collective bargaining from the union) pays my dues every month. It is money well spent.

In effect, what a union was once there to protect has run full circle. Now, they will cost jobs and reduce pay to the point of forcing the carrier out of business.

You just don't get it do you? When I started NJA in '05, my pay was $27,800. My BASE pay in '08 will be $118,000,

Congratulations. I had to restart my career twice because of unions, as have hundreds of thousands of other aviations workers. Oh, and not to burst your bubble, I averaged five years between the forced changes.. Three years? ROFL.. you are nothing but a babe in the woods...

You just don't get it do you? What happened at NJA between '05 and '07 (besides the excellent skills of yours truly)? The pilot's got a massive pay raise, and we STILL managed to make money!!!

NJ has a long way to go to prove that it can withstand an “Industry leading CBA”. Aviation history has been very successful in shooting down "Industry Leading CBAs". NJ has been a loser until recently, and it’s not because of the union as much as the union would like to take credit for it.

That wasn't the original intent of organizing.

You just don't get it do you? Grow up man. Get with the times.

No you are the one that doesn’t get it, and you can rest assured that if and when the economy stumbles, and along with it goes a high percentage of NJ jobs and the turmoil of concessions to keep the company alive I’ll be the one that doesn’t have to worry about a job change or figuring out how to make my boat payment.

NJ hasn’t been in business long enough to provide a good basis with a fractional model that technically has only been around for 3 years or so. If legacy carriers are struggling with a way to be profitable after over 75 years of practice and unions, you aren't so naive to think that NJ and 1108 have figured it all out in 3 do you? If so, it confirms that YOU DON'T GET IT!

I hope for your sake it doesn’t happen, but when it does, and it most likely will, hang on and watch the union dig it’s heels in while everything folds around them..

Then, and only then will you see just how much your CBA (and the paper it’s not even worth being written on) is worth and how your union protects you and your coworkers…

I don't need to worry about it...

BS-are you slow or something?? Just answer the questions that keep coming up for you. I know they are hard because you will have to admit the IBT 1108 has done well for its members as well as for MGT and NJA's bottom line.

No, this isn't just about 1108, they are a union that is attempting to take over the entire industry. 1108 has had how many successful aviation CBAs?

(Oh, and successful is one that was negotiated, implemented, approved by the membership and ran it's full course from beginning to end without concessions or renegotiations, allowed the company to be profitable and expand without layoffs or furloughs to ANY company employee)

1108 has a long way to go and is failing miserably at FLOPS.

No, this isn't just about 1108, they are a union that is attempting to take over the entire industry. 1108 has had how many successful aviation CBAs?

(Oh, and successful is one that was negotiated, implemented, approved by the membership and ran it's full course from beginning to end without concessions or renegotiations, allowed the company to be profitable and expand without layoffs or furloughs to ANY company employee)

Ahh yes this is ONLY about the 1108. We could care less about ALPA or any other union that is NOT the 1108. If they take over the entire fractional industry-well then GOOD.
I think the 1108 was successful with a contract with NJA. Will they be successful with FLOPS? That is MGT's decision not the UNION. The 1108 has continously asked MGT for more bargaining sessions with no luck. But then again-seeing you are the self proclaimed pro on unions-you already knew that.

You just don't get it do you? When I started NJA in '05, my pay was $27,800. My BASE pay in '08 will be $118,000,

Congratulations. I had to restart my career twice because of unions, as have hundreds of thousands of other aviations workers. Oh, and not to burst your bubble, I averaged five years between the forced changes.. Three years? ROFL.. you are nothing but a babe in the woods...

They claim these are the salary levels.
Entry Level-10K-30K
Middle Income-30K-50K
Upper Middle Income-50K 80K
High Income-80K to 100K
Six Figure-100K+

They also list the average small jet PIC as 137,700K/yr that includes Base Salary(95,998), Bonus,SS,401K,Disability,Health Care,Pensions,Time Off.
Large jet base salary is 112,098 for a total of 162,500K/yr

What exactly is it you want pilots to make?
Besides--what do you really care-unless you are an owner-because that is who is really paying the salary. You will find that all the fraction owners love the crews it is dealing with the internal departments of the company that drives them away. Wise up and get with the program. The unions are back because of mismanagement and GREED from MGT.
By the way my favorite Union information campain was before the contract and was the one that listed the percentage of NJA pilots that were elligible for govt assistance and how many had second jobs to support their families. I think that the owners are now happy that the pilots at the front of their multi million dollar jet are now worrying about things like the flight they are doing and not wondering how to pay the next bill that comes in the mail. Pilots are professionals-PERIOD! Pay them as such.

First off, I appreciate your response. I don't agree with a bit of it, but this is the FIRST TIME IN MONTHS you actually came up with responses to comments or questions. You usually only spit out the same rhetoric that has nothing to do with the questions asked.

Originally Posted by B19 Flyer

No, you are WRONG. Unions DO NOT PROTECT TODAY!!!! How can you justify this statement? How can you think Unions today don't protect their members?

You complain about your seven on and seven off schedule? Maybe your boat payment is late? I have NEVER complained about the 7&7 schedule, and don't have a boat. The bulk of my earnings go to provide the best future possible for my kids.

In 1930 employees were working 7 days A WEEK and barely could pay rent or put food on the table, boat payment? Hah! You are describing much of America these days, the Union membership seems to be the ones who are safe. Maybe the Unions have protected them...
When was the last time you had to work 30 days straight and in the end of that 30 days you couldn’t put food on the table? Feb '05.

Yes, UNIONS HAD THEIR PLACE IN TIME, but to compare what a union does today with what they did back then is the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever heard!!! It seems to me that unions today are fighting to get better wages and improved quality of life for the membership. How is that different?

Now they are there not to produce a livable working wage, it's become an industry within itself and is there to strangle every single penny possible from hard working people.

You just don't get it do you? 1 hour of OT (which I get due to the collective bargaining from the union) pays my dues every month. It is money well spent.
Got nothing for that one do you???

In effect, what a union was once there to protect has run full circle. Now, they will cost jobs and reduce pay to the point of forcing the carrier out of business. Sorry man, I'm calling BS on that one...

Congratulations. I had to restart my career twice because of unions, as have hundreds of thousands of other aviations workers. Oh, and not to burst your bubble, I averaged five years between the forced changes.. Three years? ROFL.. you are nothing but a babe in the woods... Just because I started NJA in '05 doesn't mean I am a spring chicken.

You just don't get it do you? What happened at NJA between '05 and '07 (besides the excellent skills of yours truly)? The pilot's got a massive pay raise, and we STILL managed to make money!!!

NJ has been a loser until recently, and it’s not because of the union as much as the union would like to take credit for it. ???????????? I think you are grossly misinformed on that one. NJA has always been the industry leader...

That wasn't the original intent of organizing.

You just don't get it do you? Grow up man. Get with the times.

No you are the one that doesn’t get it, and you can rest assured that if and when the economy stumbles, and along with it goes a high percentage of NJ jobs and the turmoil of concessions to keep the company alive I’ll be the one that doesn’t have to worry about a job change or figuring out how to make my boat payment. I will be the first one to eat my words if that ever happens, however I don't think it ever will. I believe you do not understand the economics of the people we fly, For the most part, they are immune to economic stumbles. It would take a full depression to effect them in the manner you are describing, and in that case it will be more than the union workers who are hurting.

NJ hasn’t been in business long enough to provide a good basis with a fractional model that technically has only been around for 3 years or so. Ummmm... you are off a couple of years on that one. I'll give you a little history lesson. Executive Jet started in 1964 by Paul Tibbets. It was then purchased by Richard Santulli in 1986 who started the idea of fractional jet ownership. He then renamed the company as NetJets in the early '90s (I don't remember the exact date off the top of my head) mainly because every time a biz jet would go down the papers would say an "Executive Jet" had an accident. We didn't want the public thinking that every time an "Executive Jet" crashed it was us. If legacy carriers are struggling with a way to be profitable after over 75 years of practice and unions, you aren't so naive to think that NJ and 1108 have figured it all out in 3 do you? If so, it confirms that YOU DON'T GET IT! Our math is in severe disagreement. 3 years does not equal 44, which is how long Execjet has been around, or 22 years which is when our "business" started it's current course.

1108 is batting 1.000 according to your definition. I think it might be time to open your eyes, and get with the times old man...

1108 is batting 1.000 according to your definition. I think it might be time to open your eyes, and get with the times old man...

Have they run a contract all the way to the end without renegotiation midway through it? And I know the company hasn't been profitable all the way through the process. he season isn't over yet...

Latest resources

Back