Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Strike ballots are being sent out !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many pilots at flops, will never look at charter pilots the same way after reading this thread and the posts on the charter forum of this site. It is one thing to rightfully decry being labeled a scab. It is quite another to seemingly revel in anticipation of your role as a defacto strike breaker in service of flops management. Yes, in the event of a strike at flops, you will be used, and very few will blame you personally for it, but you don't have to like it.

Snarkey remarks about calling out the TSA on picketers, only lowers our collective estimation of your character. Sadly some will decide that all charter pilots are mercenary punks and that would be a shame for your and for our profession.

I think Ultrarunner was referring to those who would go out of control and overstep their boundaries. It's one thing to peacefully walk the line, protest, and let your voice be heard. But it's quite another to use threats, violence, and thuggary as tactics. I have no problem with picketers who conduct themselves in a dignified and professional manner in exercising their rights. But should some of them get in my or my passengers' face and act like total hooligans, then I'll have no choice but call the cops myself. Now I'm not saying that FLOPS pilots would necessarily act that way. But I've witnessed several (non-aviation) union protests over the years and some of them wasn't pretty.

BTW, to borrow your phrase, I think it's safe to say that many charter pilots will never look at FLOPS pilots the same way after reading what TurboHonda and others who share his view had to say. It is one thing to ask others for support, but quite another to make bogus threats in an attempt to bully them into providing that support. Lowball tactic that tries to sacrifice someone else's livelihood to improve their own only lowers our collective estimation of their character. Sadly, some will decide that all FLOPS pilots are selfish bastards who couldn't care less what happens to others as long as they get what they want. And that would be shame for their and for our profession.

Last edited:
speaking of b19..did ricci fire him?
B19 would have to work for FLOPS to get fired by Ricci.

Go ahead Kevin. Tell them who you work for.

B19 would have to work for FLOPS to get fired by Ricci.

Go ahead Kevin. Tell them who you work for.

Also, as it was previously discovered, Skanza and B19 are doing "double time." Reminds me of the Brady Bunch episode where Peter is dating 2 girls at the same time. They both show up to his house during the Halloween Party and he runs into the living room with his dracula cape on. Oops!

what if they buy a marquis card and they put there dog on the flight they used and the flight is operated buy a charter company that once flew a FLOPS trip 8 years ago? and the trip is done during the time flops is striking..Is the Dog considered a scab?

if the dog's english is as poor as what you just wrote, then yes, the dog would be a scab.

Do I have this right?

Want to see if I am reading the tea leaves correctly.

If I work for ABC Charter Company, and we get asked to fly a trip by FLOPS for a FLOPS owner, that is struck work that should be turned down.

If however, the FLOPS owners calls ABC Charter Company to book a trip himself, that is not struck work.

Did I get that right?

Want to see if I am reading the tea leaves correctly.

If I work for ABC Charter Company, and we get asked to fly a trip by FLOPS for a FLOPS owner, that is struck work that should be turned down.

If however, the FLOPS owners calls ABC Charter Company to book a trip himself, that is not struck work.

Did I get that right?
But if ABC charter is a non union company, their pilots have no protection if they refuse the trip. Struck work can only be honored by another union operator. While I would understand your position and support your right to strike, I would not risk my job to honor your picket line.

3. Furloughed pilots or pilots on LOA, currently working for other operators, who pick up charter work for Flight Options.

So...lets see if I understand your point correctly:

Lets say a Charter pilot who has never worked for a unionized fractional....so he/she is not furloughed/ on LOA, etc... , it is NOT struck work?

If the same Charter pilot is on furlough or LOA from ANY inionized fractional and they take a flight for FLOPS it IS struck work?

How am I doing?

Off hand, I'd say if a pilot is going to be challenged to stand up against doing struck work, he should be entitled to vote in the action too.

Seems fair, if Turbo and Co. want the support of a whole industry.

I truly do feel for the Options pilots in this situation, but it's asking a bit much for others to risk their jobs to help yours, with no reward.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back