Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops Randomly *terminating* Many Pilots !beware!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright, I have read every post on FLOPS since word of the layoffs has come. *Disclaimer these are MY words/opinions and not that of my husband (feel the necessity to add that)*

Now I am unaware of Unions and the power that they may or may not hold, the way they may or may not be able to help, the purpose of the dues paid or not paid, but of all the posts that I have personally read it sounds much more like a High School Clique than anything else.

Not in any of these messages have I heard how the Union has helped or how they can help. Yes, I have read amongst many postings that individuals have donated money to those that are unfortunate and have lost their jobs. I am sorry, but I don't see how that helps the families that are now with a spouse that is unemployed? A father that no longer has security, a mother that can no longer provide that shelter, information to help the family arguments about WTF to do now. ("You can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or you can teach him how to fish and feed him for a lifetime"). Yes, I will not doubt that the donations are beneficial, but really with this economy what are the laid off pilots supposed to do?

With that being said: back to the High School Clique... All that apparently goes on here is individual bashing and one on one arguments (personal speculation). Where is the informative information that people can actually use as support? People regardless of opinions or affiliations should be entitled to be enraged, pleased, or whatever they choose to be…. NO, apparently the IGNORE list is being used to be ignorant and not listen to others opinions or maybe even a different perspective. People do have different experiences and may have different insight….

I am still new to all of this and really trying to understand. I will not pretend to understand what the Pilots laid off have/are going through; I will not pretend that I understand what the Pilots remaining are going through. I would love to know as “just a Pilot’s wife” what options I have to help those gone as well as those that are still remaining? I would love to know what boards, “cliques”, or groups other than such a judgmental bulletin that I may become a part of to get the facts and not just personal vendettas???

P.S.: Not now or ever will I be “JUST” any thing, but I will support my husband til the end!

The UNION gave back all dues (have to be in good standing though)

The UNION as paid for a 1 year membership to AIR INC. and one other pilot job search company, and sent the password to all of FLOPS terminated pilot

The UNION had a teleconfrence for the 70 terminated, with an Ohio Labor guy to explain the Ohio Labor law as it concerns the 70 pilots. Dosent matter where they live, they fall under Ohio Labor.

The UNION FLOPS web site has gobs of networking leads and info on who is hiring. A lot of pilots have been hired already from those leads.

So those are just a few

As I read your post, the way I read it,

The UNION will not pay your mortguage, cable, electric bills. They also will not do a job search for you. Nor are they suppose to.

They, THE UNION (meaning our fellow pilots) have done 800 times more than FLOPS (management)has done to help with pilot questions.

And further more, your post sounds like a calmer B19's wife.

Last edited:
And further more, your post sounds like a calmer B19's wife.

Not trying to sound like any one else, but I guess I can take that as a compliment :).

I am happy to hear that the Union was able to help fellow Pilots and that does stand for something. I just didn't think that the Union has as much pull as it once had, and I really am trying to understand the benefits that it does and/or will provide. With that being said, why is the Union refunding dues? Is that because they can not help those that got laid off in this circumstance or because they are hoping to settle legally?

With being a "wife" what can I do? Where can I go to get a complete understanding or coherent facts (aside from sole opinions or arguments)? Are there organizations, boards, or meetings? Aside from everyone or anyone else's beliefs I like to listen and make my own judgment calls and do what I can or feel I can do to help as an individual.

Do you know the Union website or how I may do further research?

www.ibt1108.org

If your husband is a dues paying member, then you should be able to get your own user name and password to that site. NJW might have better info on that as I know she is in the same boat as yourself.

Best of luck to you and you family.

Thank you fischman....

Latest resources

Back