Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Pilots vs FLOPS Pilots. Is this still going on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey y'all

Yesterday afternoon I found myself in an hotel elevator with 2 FLOPS pilots. They were both in the BE-400.

I mistakenly asked what the deal was with the layoffs and the one pilot went into a 30 sec dissertation about the:

drum roll please:

union pilots vs the company pilots. (surprise)

The basis of his argument was that the reason that FLOPS laid off was because there is only a certain amount of owners enrolled in the program. When these "union types" continue to break airplanes and write everything up under the sun at the last minute, you cancel flights. When you cancel flights you piss off owners and when you piss off owners, you loose them, in turn losing revenue and not flying the aircraft as much, in turn not needing as many pilots. Cough, cough.

He then turned and left the elevator. Obviously he is not a pro-union supporter.

My question stands as is the dissension in the pilot group still going on at FLOPS or is this guy living in a past time and is only an isolated case of disgust?

Continuing, is the reason that 100+ pilots were laid off is because some pilots continue to fly, dare I say it "the pledge" and drive owners away?

IF this is true, and I were one of the laid of pilots, I would be irate to say the least. Were is the "one for all and all for one" mentality in Cleveland, Ohio?

In closing, I am sure this will start a sh!t storm which I do not mean to do.

I just thought it was ironic that when passing a totally anonymous FLOPS pilot (that still is employed mind you) he went on a rampage like this after just being asked a simple question, basically blaming everyone that ever wrote up an airplane at the last minute, legitimate or not.

may i introduce to you.......skanza.

the problem is that management isnt doing their job.....thats why owners leave.

Hey y'all

Yesterday afternoon I found myself in an hotel elevator with 2 FLOPS pilots. They were both in the BE-400.

I mistakenly asked what the deal was with the layoffs and the one pilot went into a 30 sec dissertation about the:

drum roll please:

The basis of his argument was that the reason that FLOPS laid off was because there is only a certain amount of owners enrolled in the program. When these "union types" continue to break airplanes and write everything up under the sun at the last minute, you cancel flights. When you cancel flights you piss off owners and when you piss off owners, you loose them, in turn losing revenue and not flying the aircraft as much, in turn not needing as many pilots. Cough, cough.

He then turned and left the elevator. Obviously he is not a pro-union supporter.

My question stands as is the dissension in the pilot group still going on at FLOPS or is this guy living in a past time and is only an isolated case of disgust?

Continuing, is the reason that 100+ pilots were laid off is because some pilots continue to fly, dare I say it "the pledge" and drive owners away?

IF this is true, and I were one of the laid of pilots, I would be irate to say the least. Were is the "one for all and all for one" mentality in Cleveland, Ohio?

I just thought it was ironic that when passing a totally anonymous FLOPS pilot (that still is employed mind you) he went on a rampage like this after just being asked a simple question, basically blaming everyone that ever wrote up an airplane at the last minute, legitimate or not.

It would be curious to see what would happen if the union vote happened today. Would the mix still have a full third of the pilots against the union or would it be higher?

Kind of like the presidential election... the media is loving our new president-elect while forgetting that there are 56 million who wanted no part of him.

The union will bang their drum touting how they had the "majority" vote, and never admit or even make the statement that a full one third of their own population did not want the union, as well as all of the non-pilot personnel because they also knew the turmoil a union would bring. The FLOPS employees that voted "yes" for the union were actually the minority of the entire population of the company.

There is no way "Corporate Dude" is an NJA capt. I have NEVER met a captain aat NJA with that attitude.

Flying airplanes safely is the pilot's job. Signing and retaining customers is management's job.

Last edited:
It would be curious to see what would happen if the union vote happened today. Would the mix still have a full third of the pilots against the union or would it be higher?

Kind of like the presidential election... the media is loving our new president-elect while forgetting that there are 56 million who wanted no part of him.

The union will bang their drum touting how they had the "majority" vote, and never admit or even make the statement that a full one third of their own population did not want the union, as well as all of the non-pilot personnel because they also knew the turmoil a union would bring. The FLOPS employees that voted "yes" for the union were actually the minority of the entire population of the company.

FCK you B, Skumza and the rest of the non-union skum... if we wouldn't get abused and taken advantage of we wouldn't have to have a union.. How can you say that a union is so detrimental in this industry? We are trying to work with the company...we both want the same results..a healthy bottom line and prosperity. Yes there is give and take in this business but when all you get is take for doing the same job that your industry peers are doing, it gets a bit frustrating. I know it will be hard to negotiate the contract that we desire in an economic climate such as this and i don't think we are asking for the "world" just a fair shake. Everyone knows who is at the top of the food chain in the fractionals.. just the way it is. It would just be nice to be somewhat competitive. How can you say all unions are detrimental... look at how SWA's pilot group works with mgt to affect their position... I do support my union, i don't care for the union "zealots" as I don't care for the company ones either. What I do know is that I don't care for scum of your ilk. Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving to All! Even you B19 and Skumza.

I can't believe the union busting scumbags are exploiting the misfortune of the furloughed pilots. When you don't sell shares you can't run a fractional company. That's the real story.

Yea I don't have a job, but it's not the Union's fault.

Hey y'all

drum roll please:

Management crapped all over everyone, owners included. Pilots make money for the company, period. Management sucks it out faster than a kirby, go look at the parking lot, BMW, Audi, etc.....

it's sad that management can kill a company like that, and they just move on to the next dying planet, like a virus. Just look at the new CEO for XOjet......same thing.

sad...and that's undisputable.

There is no way "Corporate Dude" is an NJA capt. I have NEVER met a captain aat NJA with that attitude.

Flying airplanes safely is the pilot's job. Signing and retaining customers is management's job.

Just exactly what "attitude" around you speaking of?? I was just mearly asking questions about what a FLOPS pilot told me in an elevator. It wasn't my idea, it was his!

The funny thing is that 2 other NJA pilots ran into this same FLOPS pilot, and the next day when were getting the airplanes ready to fly, in passing, one of the other NJA pilots that I had met previously came over to me and asked me if I ran into a union bashing FLOPS pilot last night in the concierge lounge. I said yes, but it was in the elevator.

This thread is not intended to have an attitude in it and I resent your remark! :mad:

And yes, you are correct - Pilot's fly the aircraft safely and management takes care of everthing else. That is generally how it works.

Even more reason for me posting this thread asking a question about what is going on at FLOPS!

Obvioulsy you mis-read my post.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope your home with families.

Last edited:
Didn't I tell you'll Bob19 wants Hearts and Minds...

And he and the rest of his Management kin folk don't care how they get it either.

They will lay Pilots off, just to set up a situation that they can attempt to cause a divide amongst the Pilots remaining.

They all know there are plenty of Captains remaining who flew with the FOs who got let go (Management's choice, not the Union's), and that many have become friends.

If B19 with his Blue Typing Pschological ploys can convince those Captains who lost friends that it was the Union's fault, then they can attempt to swing Hearts and Minds away from the Union (Solidified Pilot Group) and towards Management.

I agree; the individual that started this thread, no way he is a NetJets Pilot.

This just shows how far Management will go in an attempt to Break the Union. They will put Pilots on the street, and then attempt to spin it to meet their own political goals (removal of the union).

Think about it: If the Pilot Union wasn't such a threat to Management's Greed at Flight Options, would they continue to attempt such ploys? It is time for the Flight Options Pilots to show this Greedy Management Team that they will accept nothing less than a Fair Contract, and that Management Stall Tactics will no longer be tolerated.

Fair Contract or Shut the Doors.

Freedom is Not Free

Latest resources

Back