Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Pilots vs FLOPS Pilots. Is this still going on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to the original question

Hey y'all

Yesterday afternoon I found myself in an hotel elevator with 2 FLOPS pilots. They were both in the BE-400.

I mistakenly asked what the deal was with the layoffs and the one pilot went into a 30 sec dissertation about the:

drum roll please:

union pilots vs the company pilots. (surprise)

The basis of his argument was that the reason that FLOPS laid off was because there is only a certain amount of owners enrolled in the program. When these "union types" continue to break airplanes and write everything up under the sun at the last minute, you cancel flights. When you cancel flights you piss off owners and when you piss off owners, you loose them, in turn losing revenue and not flying the aircraft as much, in turn not needing as many pilots. Cough, cough.

He then turned and left the elevator. Obviously he is not a pro-union supporter.

My question stands as is the dissension in the pilot group still going on at FLOPS or is this guy living in a past time and is only an isolated case of disgust?

Continuing, is the reason that 100+ pilots were laid off is because some pilots continue to fly, dare I say it "the pledge" and drive owners away?

IF this is true, and I were one of the laid of pilots, I would be irate to say the least. Were is the "one for all and all for one" mentality in Cleveland, Ohio?

In closing, I am sure this will start a sh!t storm which I do not mean to do.

I just thought it was ironic that when passing a totally anonymous FLOPS pilot (that still is employed mind you) he went on a rampage like this after just being asked a simple question, basically blaming everyone that ever wrote up an airplane at the last minute, legitimate or not.

Now that Moron boy B19 with the help of pilots that refuse to ignore him have effectively hijacked this thread, I'd like to respond to your original question.

The friction that does still exist between some of the management suck up pilots and union supporters does not rise the level of open conflict. For the most part the management suck ups have become very timid about speaking out against the Union and what the Union has done and continues to do. They know they do not have a leg to stand on when trying to defend the incompetent management that has run our company into the ground. Their only argument is the same irrational mi-optic anti union rhetoric that we see from moron boy B19. The anti union ranks are led by pilots like moron boy Ed M. who starts his jet with the engine plugs in, grinding half of the plug away, lies about doing it, flys multiple legs on it, then turns it over to another unsuspecting crew before finally having to admit to his stupidity. The pilots that continue to sunk up to the management tit are the weakest of all our pilots and need to have managements blessing and benevolence to continue their employment. As long as we have these weak incompetent pilots in tow there will always be a low level friction.

Last edited:
Surfer,

No disrespect, but do you really think that Mr. 5 post, "Corportate Dude" is not B19 or one of his ilk posting with a flame baiting thread title like that? I know a lot of people ignore Bob19, but the reality is that his sole purpose here is to divide and conquer the union supporters, especially those who aren't solid in their thinking. The flaws in his anti-union B.S. need to be exposed or contested at every post. Ignore him if you want (and I fully understand why you would want to), but just understand the consequences.

Everyone wants a fixed deal with security in a non-fixed world with little security. A fixed deal does not have the flexibility to deal with the ups and downs of the market.

The standard answer of a union buster... What a load of crap. What we want is something fair. When the economy was good, there was some truth to that statement, but we all understand than we probably won't get NJA like wages in this economy. The offer of fair wages now, with profit sharing (based on the same objectives as management's bonuses), would make this reality much easier to swallow. Now all they have to do is sit down at the tables and figure out the language.

Surfer,

No disrespect, but do you really think that Mr. 5 post, "Corportate Dude" is not B19 or one of his ilk posting with a flame baiting thread title like that? I know a lot of people ignore Bob19, but the reality is that his sole purpose here is to divide and conquer the union supporters, especially those who aren't solid in their thinking. The flaws in his anti-union B.S. need to be exposed or contested at every post. Ignore him if you want (and I fully understand why you would want to), but just understand the consequences.

The flaw in your theory is giving this moron a continuing venue to play his union busting games. Anyone can tell from the bilge that he spews what his agenda is. By continually responding to him in every thread he shows up in you enable him and actually help him to continue his mission. He disrupts every discussion with the same regurgitation of the same mindless crap, never addresses the true issues, avoids pointed questions about his views and why he has them. By quoting him and responding to his union busting post you give him a backboard against which to play his game. If he were completely ignored he soon would realize the game is over, his BS is not even being seen and fade away into the cesspool he came form.

The flaw in your theory is giving this moron a continuing venue to play his union busting games. Anyone can tell from the bilge that he spews what his agenda is. By continually responding to him in every thread he shows up in you enable him and actually help him to continue his mission. He disrupts every discussion with the same regurgitation of the same mindless crap, never addresses the true issues, avoids pointed questions about his views and why he has them. By quoting him and responding to his union busting post you give him a backboard against which to play his game. If he were completely ignored he soon would realize the game is over, his BS is not even being seen and fade away into the cesspool he came form.

Surfer, your babble is meaningless and you've been thinking since the beginning I have an agenda. I don't. I watch all the turmoil union mongers like you put yourselves through as pure entertainment. It's not a secret, never has been. You've just never walked in the steps of where the tough work is done. All you can do is imagine what it's like to be responsible for an entire company and think you can rule the world with your union agenda. Get of your high horse and sit behind that desk for a while. I've done both and know where the real challenge is. The soft leather chair in a nice warm office is much more challenging than flying the line, but it's not as much fun.

You are right, but the problem is that "EVERYONE" won't ignore him. When I'm the last one, I'll happily put him on ignore, but I don't expect that will be anytime soon. In the mean time, people who see his posts will get to see the other side of the story too.

he can play these games all day long, the fact comes down to management sucking the life outta everyone at every company. That FACT is undisputed.

So these threads are really pointless because I am right and that's that.....

This thread is pure flamebait, started with the intention of getting us all to fight each other, rather than the true enemy of our jobs

You are right, but the problem is that "EVERYONE" won't ignore him. When I'm the last one, I'll happily put him on ignore, but I don't expect that will be anytime soon. In the mean time, people who see his posts will get to see the other side of the story too.

I've invited folks to ignore me, that what the function is for.

I've also seen four year olds stick their fingers in their ears and jump up and down when adults are saying what they don't want to hear.

And yes, I'm comparing those that use the "ignore" function with four year olds. It's appropriate.

It doesn't change the fact that others have opinions, it just means that you don't have thick enough skin to handle the truth from the other side.

Latest resources

Back