FLOPs discussing Pilot raise with Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FL420 said:
It seems to me that when two competitors get together to "discuss" what they are "going to do" about wages, they are engaging in an anticompetitive practice in violation of the spirit, if not the letter, of antitrust legislation. If they are successful in "fixing" wages, they have gone a long way to "fixing" costs which makes it all that much easier to "fix" prices.

Someone who works for one of these two might want to gather some more information and run it by the Antitrust Division of the Dept. of Justice.

Man,
This is better than a Clancy novel. If pilots want to believe it's true- it's true. If they don't then it's simply not true.

Flat Out No Raise

RNObased - I think that they'd have difficulty firing all of those that have spoken up.

Greygoose - A combination of, "the company doesn't have the money", "only 35% of our contracts provide for a pilot raise provision", "all options are on the table" and my favorite--"Where do you think that we should get the money?' are tantamount to a flat out admission by FLOPs management of a NO RAISE position.

Vegetto - See Dimeline, No. 7 in particular. It would seem that all of our "non-union" types would rather put their Wharton MBAs to work at a finer establishment.

FL420 - You might be right.

Miles -I wish that this was a Clancy novel. Right now it's a Quentin Tarantino American tragedy in the making.

Funny coincidence, our Director of operations announced today that there will be no crew pay info at our meeting Monday, due to the flight attendants pay not being resolved yet. I'm a little ticked that this announcement came 3 days prior to the meeting. I see union organizing on a rapid scale now.

Flight Options VP talking to Flex about pilot raises for Flight Options pilots???

I think with that statement he made he will help put us over the number of cards we need for a vote.

cosmotheassman said:
Funny coincidence, our Director of operations announced today that there will be no crew pay info at our meeting Monday, due to the flight attendants pay not being resolved yet. I'm a little ticked that this announcement came 3 days prior to the meeting. I see union organizing on a rapid scale now.
Are you talking about flops or flex? What meeting are you talking about? Dallas? And saying that Flight attendant pay hasn't been resolved yet.. What does that say about pilot pay?

Does anyone else think that they are trying to use the "flight attendant pay" issue as a distraction? It sounds like they want the Pilots to blame them instead of the company for the lack of a pay increase.
I don't believe that one, not only do I think it's BS I also think it is very sleazy for them to use the fAs as a scapegoat!

Latest resources

Back