Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Greaseman

That's right...

FLOPS new VP of Flight Operations admitted yesterday in our DAL pilot meeting that not only would there be NO raise, but that he was in discussions with FLEX about what "they were going to do".

So let me get this straight, the management teams of the respective companies that have yet to address the Netjets TA are now COLLECTIVELY addressing the issue between themselves?

I can only hope that Flexjet management has their act together so that the pressure will be on to throw a bone to us guys at FLOPS.

If these two companies can openly communicate about our compensation, might I suggest that the FLEX pilot group join us at ASAP in an effort to COLLECTIVELY counter what will inevitably be an industry leading anchor?

If you have your hat in your hand hoping for some semblance of a raise, you can put it away. It won't happen in this lifetime.

Did anybody ask him what the hell??? Or did everyone just sit there and take it?? Or if ask questions are you putting your job on the line??

CapnVegetto said:
How in the hell is there not a union there yet??
Even though if they were to know they were not going to give a payraise, I am really surprised that they would flat out say there is not a pay raise. In all thinking about the threat of becoming union.

The way I see it is that the FLOPs pilots have two real choices:

1. Install a union, asap.

2. Punch out, and apply elsewhere.

I'd like to see them all belly up to the bar and go for option #1, but in light of the time frame involved for a new union to be effective
(read: years), option #2 is probably the bet that many of them may well have to take.

Good luck to the FLOPs crews, either way.

sweptwingz said:
The way I see it is that the FLOPs pilots have two real choices:

1. Install a union, asap.

2. Punch out, and apply elsewhere.

I've done my best on the road to make #1 happen....but it's time for #2 now. I'm looking hard, as is everybody I know in this dump.

The popular fence sitter pilot at FLOPS:

1. I don't think that a union can help us now
2. Look at how long it took NJ to get their contract done.
(Before it was look at what the union has done for NJ)
3. It will take 3 or more years to get a contract
4. I just hate unions
5. My last job (regional) had a worthless union so look at #1
6. Its really not that bad yet
7. I'm waiting for something better (Company with a union allready in place)
8. This is the best job I've ever had, and I have no jet time (dealing with the no Jet time one now)

This is why its taking so long to get the last bit of cards in. How people can think this way is well past my thinking.

It seems to me that when two competitors get together to "discuss" what they are "going to do" about wages, they are engaging in an anticompetitive practice in violation of the spirit, if not the letter, of antitrust legislation. If they are successful in "fixing" wages, they have gone a long way to "fixing" costs which makes it all that much easier to "fix" prices.

Someone who works for one of these two might want to gather some more information and run it by the Antitrust Division of the Dept. of Justice.

Latest resources

Back