Flops, CS and Flex reaction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well said Diesel !
These are the most professional group of pilots I have ever worked with. Vioce of Reason is proving his name wrong.

I'm very proud to be associated with 1108. Let the trolls and their negative spin simply fade away. The fact is, 1108 has been very steadfast in it's goal and the progress since leaving 284 speaks for itself. We now have a TA that will most certainly be voted in and raise the bar for NJA pilots, and in fact, all Fractional pilots.

I'm not concerned with the TAs shortcomings. Improvements will continue to be worked on long after we have left the flightdecks. What I am concerned with is looking forward and continuing to give credibility to the idea that the Fractional industry can be far more than a stepping stone. It is fast heading in that direction, if not there already! :beer:

"Thank you" to all of you that have worked so hard to get us where we are now!:)

FL450:

Let the trolls and their negative spin simply fade away.

The problem is they faded away so fast! Makes me wonder why.

YETAGAIN reading into it...

Stickshaker said:
Well said Diesel !
These are the most professional group of pilots I have ever worked with. Vioce of Reason is proving his name wrong.

I'm not being a Vioce? huh?
ANYWAY... I have repeatedly indicated the refernce is directed to the paid THUGS of IBT that troll the board...If you want to consider yourself one of those, than you should rightly take offense. In previous posts I have clarified the fact that REAL netjets pilots are NOT typically like the thug trash promoted by the morons who incite division between the groups, and show up every 5 minutes to shout "management" or "senior pilot" at anyone who expresses an opinion that might take $$$ out of the pockets of IBT. Why to I have to continously reiterate that I AM indeed PRO union...Just not Pro-IBT? If I am a coffee lover, do I have to love BOTH Starbuck's AND Seattle's best? What if (hypothetically) Starbuck's had dubious accounting practices... or unethical hiring practices? Being Pro-Seattle's Best would not make me ANTI-Coffee.... KWIM?

Voice of Reason

I respect your choice.
Vote for the other union.......wait, there are'nt any!
No other union has expressed interest in the last 6 years.
I don't want to hear the "we could form our own in house union", that was propossed years ago. Unless you have about 5 million to pitch in to kick it off.
The IBT 1108 was formed for fractionals and has proven what they are made of. The 1108 is a group of professional fractional pilots flying multi-million dollar rigs around the world with mult-million dollar passengers in the rear.
You have nothing to loose voting in the 1108 at Flops unless you are an SFO getting special sweet heart deals.

Tell us what you will loose.
Don't use the union dues, we have already lost far more than what the dues cost.

You will have much to gain. Someone to call when the company is pressuring you to do illegal ops. Someone that will inforce the manual and the contract that everyone agreed on. Flops won't even follow their own rules whenever it is convenient to break them with no repercussions. The FAA is not inforcing the rules, it will be left to us to self govern.

The 1108 is the only choice and a good choice.

Last edited:
Voice of Reason

I'd also add that the group of people involved with 1108 is far different from the Teamsters group that represented me at my last job. The leadership group of 1108 did a lot to reform the bad practices of the last leadership council, particularly highlighted by the fact we are under our own local instead of the previous 248.

I think it also speaks volume about this union that when the system-wide picket was held in early September, well over 80% of the union membership that had the day off participated. I think that's an incredible turnout and when you know some of those participants traveled significant distances to march, that says something about the nature of the union.

If you get good people in charge and get everyone involved, good things happen and the union is indeed a very important resource for all members.

From what I hear, NJA pilots affected by Katrina were given a nice chunk of change from NJ, and their IBT "bretheren" told them not to touch it... This true?

The Voice is just scared that soon he will be paying union dues to a union he/she does not like. I can not wait until that day either. Myabe when that happens we will lose some of those that are hooked up to the kool-aid IV.

From what I hear, NJA pilots affected by Katrina were given a nice chunk of change from NJ, and their IBT "bretheren" told them not to touch it... This true?

WRONG

Latest resources

Back