Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
strange you should mention death threats

Grim Reaper said:
Don't hold your breath guys. This has been a crappy deal from the word GO. I can not imagine that it is gonna get better with a press release or whatever the Corporate Clowns call it.

A couple of my buds attended the focus group meetings but they guys ain't talking. I guess they are all under threat of death or something worse.

http://p068.ezboard.com/frtapilotsfrm35.showMessage?topicID=21.topic

I spoke with Joe S. this week for about 30 minutes while in CGF waiting for an airplane to go green. During this conversation, the key points he made were:

- All rumors about being purchased by anybody - NJA, Swift, Carlyle, etc - are BS. He said we will continue to be owned by RAC and the private investors that currently own us.(take this one for what it's worth - he may not even know what's going on, or he may be required to deny - as they did with the FLOPS/RTA merger, right up until the announcement)

- Aircraft fleets will be BE400, Hawker 800XP, Citation X, and Legacy. All others will be phased out as contracts expire.

- The reason that people were required to sign a non-disclosure agreement from the "focus group" meetings is because they gave specific numbers as to how the company is doing. He further stated that we are not a publicly held company, so those numbers will not be released to the public. Also, the company future plan was disclosed at these meetings. (no, I wasn't at one of them - this is just what I was told)

- The reason that we did not make money last year was primarily caused by maintenance and fuel costs. Imagine that. Old airplanes break often, and they know this(now). That's why they plan to phase them out.

- Tier 3 domiciles will be going away(as if you guys didn't already know that). Unsure about some of the Tier 2.

I did not ask about the pilot hiring situation. I should have, but I didn't think about it.

You know i try to believe in the company that I work for, but I've talked to JS an frankly I don't believe a thing he says.

FracCapt said:
I spoke with Joe S. this week for about 30 minutes while in CGF waiting for an airplane to go green. During this conversation, the key points he made were:

- All rumors about being purchased by anybody - NJA, Swift, Carlyle, etc - are BS. He said we will continue to be owned by RAC and the private investors that currently own us.(take this one for what it's worth - he may not even know what's going on, or he may be required to deny - as they did with the FLOPS/RTA merger, right up until the announcement)

- Aircraft fleets will be BE400, Hawker 800XP, Citation X, and Legacy. All others will be phased out as contracts expire.

- The reason that people were required to sign a non-disclosure agreement from the "focus group" meetings is because they gave specific numbers as to how the company is doing. He further stated that we are not a publicly held company, so those numbers will not be released to the public. Also, the company future plan was disclosed at these meetings. (no, I wasn't at one of them - this is just what I was told)

- The reason that we did not make money last year was primarily caused by maintenance and fuel costs. Imagine that. Old airplanes break often, and they know this(now). That's why they plan to phase them out.

- Tier 3 domiciles will be going away(as if you guys didn't already know that). Unsure about some of the Tier 2.

I did not ask about the pilot hiring situation. I should have, but I didn't think about it.

So the guys from the challengers, gulfstreams, kingairs, citations, will be flooding in to the smaller acft and further displacing SIC's who are on year 5 now without an upgrade. Great.

Yea Im really interested to see where SN#408 Falcon Capt is going to go when his plane is gone. And what about his 80,000 or so pay. For all of you union guys that say "look at what the union got Netjets pilots" well at NJ everybody senior to 408 would make equal to him.

And actually our new loss of per diem 41 (daily per diem)x 16 (vacation days in a year)=656 per year. give or take, I think that is just about a years union dues.....hmmmmm

thor said:
There are 54 tier three airports used by about 100 FO pilots. What are the choices? Use another airport of company choice or move on.

What better way to thin out the pilot force. That is from a company stand point and a JS stand point. We might not need all these pilots until we get the fleets straighted out. So let's force them out and we will hire new guys that are cheaper.

I no way do I agree with this at all. Just some thought of guys on the road.

Have you really looked at the list of airports? Ever wonder how they figure a tier 2 or tier 3? The list is a joke. There are some ariports listed as a tier 2 that should be a tier 3. Also the other way around.

FracCapt said:

Do you actually believe anything that comes out that man's mouth? That is if I can really call him a man.

FracCapt said:

Just for clarification; who is unsure about some of the Tier 2 airports. You or Joe S. Why would anyone be unsure about Tier 2 airports if, in order to be Tier 2, you met the requirements spelled out in the company manual.

Frac Daddy said:
Just for clarification; who is unsure about some of the Tier 2 airports. You or Joe S. Why would anyone be unsure about Tier 2 airports if, in order to be Tier 2, you met the requirements spelled out in the company manual.

Not true there are a few airports that meet the companies 3 airline and 6 flights a days and they are called tier 3 airports. Meanwhile there are tier 2 airports that do not even meet the 3 airline 6 flights a day. I think it comes down to the buddy system again. Just like pay there are guys that are making 6 figures in the BJ that should not be.

Latest resources

Back