FLOPS 2 400a Flameouts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And.......what should I have said......you have your opinion and I have mine

""Also genius that engine is different then the one on the Cessnas, better fuel burn more thrust. The dash makes all the difference""

And by the way there are a few versions of the JT15D.....-3....-5.....-7

The -5 is on the beechjunk (your word)

and the -3 which is on the Cessna. And, holy cow, no way, its the same core motor, with exception to the "accessory gear box". So unless the accessory gear box causes premature engine shutdowns, you need to look somewhere else......genius....

dime line said:
And.......what should I have said......you have your opinion and I have mine

""Also genius that engine is different then the one on the Cessnas, better fuel burn more thrust. The dash makes all the difference""

And by the way there are a few versions of the JT15D.....-3....-5.....-7

The -5 is on the beechjunk (your word)

and the -3 which is on the Cessna. And, holy cow, no way, its the same core motor, with exception to the "accessory gear box". So unless the accessory gear box causes premature engine shutdowns, you need to look somewhere else......genius....

Dime Bag,
You are incorrect again, but I'm done with you. Have fun in your 400xp/beechjet.

AceCrackshot said:
I don't doubt it. Litigation driven aviation is a bummer. My issue is that during winter, north of the Mason-Dixon line, you can bump into -40 fuel after about an hour and half at altitude. Especially if the fuel lived in a truck before your airplane. Its happened to me a few times, on longer legs.

As far as the flameouts go, I'm personally starting to lean towards a engine driven cause, and as was noted earlier, we might never know the cause...

My biggest heartburn on the flameout thing is the sneaking suspicion I have that the USAF knows more than its saying. There have been hints dropped, but they get all secret-squirrelly when pressed. Everyone loves to play "I've got a secret."

I know on the Diamond the Jet-A minimum temp is -25...maybe they shouldn't have changed that to -40 on the beechjets

AceCrackshot said:
We could also use salesmen who would stop telling people that this "Hawker" can do what an actual Hawker can do, mission-wise.

I see salesmen haven't changed in the 2+ years since I left FLOPs. They
were selling TEX to TEB non-stop with 5 pax in August! Nothing ticked
us off more than to get a call regarding fuel stops ---- from the owners!
"But the salesman told us we could do this trip anytime of year non-stop."

Every owner should have the home phone number of the salesman who
sold them a share.

With regard to the thread - no opinion. Nice to know the crew has
handled these emergencies and the training paid high dividends.

Latest resources

Back