Flightcom Intercom Customer Service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

I recently sent a flightcom external two place intercom in for repair. The battery leads that go to the 9 volt battery had become worn and one of them broke in two. All they did was "troubleshoot it" and call me and say the unit is "dead". Nice troubleshooting genius! I knew that wasn't right so I had them send me the unit back. When I got it back I plugged it using the "DC IN" and a generic wall plug and sure enough, works fine. I then took a 9 volt battery and put the broken wires to the positive and negative side and wahlaw! It works fine. When they called me they said my only option was buying a new intercom for $139.00. That is what I call pothetic customer service.... I've seen better at McDonalds! So tommorow I am going to do what I should have done in the first place, not worry about voiding the useless warranty and go to radio shack and buy a replacement 9volt connection. Has anyone else ran into poor customer support from Flightcom? Would you even bother calling them to complain?

One word.
Flightcom

You mean "David Clamps". I do not disagree one bit that DC backs up there products very well. However, I do think they are by far the most uncomfortable headsets on the market, with the exception of the new x11. Does DC make a external intercom?

Last edited:
DC makes a incredable intercom. I had a four place that got stolen/lost. The quality is as good or better then installed intercoms. Save your frustration and shell out the $300 for a DC 2 place +2 place intercom.

DC makes a incredable intercom. I had a four place that got stolen/lost. The quality is as good or better then installed intercoms. Save your frustration and shell out the $300 for a DC 2 place +2 place intercom.

I fixed my intercom already, no need to buy a new one. But it is nice to know that if someone needed to buy one they could buy a DC intercom and if it broke they actually would know how to fix something they made.

Lightspeed is good too. I just sent a headset back to them yesterday. I had multiple problems with it. 2 were from rough handling, 2 were not. I had a broken mike boom joint, a broken ear cup support, a "chirp" every minute or so after about an hour of use, and the ear seal covering flaked off.

I emailed them and they said usually they send the parts for free, with instructions on how to repair it yourself so you arent without your headset in case you want to fly. However with the multiple problems, they suggested I send it in. They will fix it for free and have it back in about 1-2 weeks.

I recently had my lightspeeds fixed too. They mailed everything too me, and I fixed it myself. I also get the chirping, did they give you any idea what it might be?

No they didnt, here is the email I got from them. I hope it goes away because its slightly annoying, especially doing an instrument approach when you dont want any distractions.

Hi Will,
Don't hesitate to call whenever you have a problem. We do the repairs at no charge and turn around time is just a few days. Usually we can send parts with instructions so you don't have to be without the headset but since you now have a few things that need work it would be best to send it in. Go ahead and ship to the address on the website. Write your name on the outside of the box along with RA# 091806jan2. We'll get it taken care of for you.
Thanks and let me know if I can be of further help.
Jan
Customer Service

Latest resources

Back