FlightCase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kilroy said:
I'm sure I'm going to get blasted about this question but what exactly do you guys carry in the flight bags??

2 2" jepp binders
1 1" jepp binder
CFM (2" binder)
FOM
fold out jepp enroute chart holder
spare glasses
flashlight
jepp binder holder (metal thing to hold a binder on the e145 window deal)
folder with spare w&b forms and atis cards

THANKS I just assumed the airlines provided all that stuff. But I guess it would be impossible to keep track of all that stuff. Do they pay for any of it ?

kilroy said:
THANKS I just assumed the airlines provided all that stuff. But I guess it would be impossible to keep track of all that stuff. Do they pay for any of it ?

airline provided the contents of the jepp binders, but not the actual binders. The CFM/AOM are provided by the company (along with the binder for the CFM). An AOM is also provided, but not required to be carried. The chart holder and charts are also provided by the company.

grog_sit_reserv said:
Pony up and get a Scott Bag, it'll last a career and fits nicely in the bin of a CRJ 200

You forgot to mention how much......250 bux!!! They are nice though. I think I may have found at Office Max a flight case that will hold everything and it has a roller (+ still fit in CRJ) Check it out! Dimensions look good....now all I have to do is take all my $hit to Office Max and stuff that fu*ker full to see if it works. I saw it today and it is put together real well. The inserts can be taken out.

http://www.usluggage.com/product/B100.htm

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expansionOID=-536879419&prodBlockOID=1611240230http://www.officemax.com/max/soluti...pansionOID=-536879419&prodBlockOID=1611240500

Last edited:
1973 arrow: won't you get out your old fuc*ing big ass jeppesen flight bag that had all that bullsh*t from private pilot training, hell who knows when you might a 5 year old terminal vfr chart and old afm's. also make sure you pull out your knee board and copy down the times when you pass over your checkpoints, that'd be fun.

Dirty Sanchez said:
Go to OfficeMax and get the US Luggage flight case for $40. The handle will not break off like the $25 Office Depot model. It is vinyl instead of fake leather, but doesn't have locks.

I agree with dirty, get the US luggage bad. I paid 60 for mine (the price went up from a few years ago). I had the 30 dollar office depot one for about a day and then I returned it. the US luggage one will last a hell of a lot longer than the plastic office depot one. A guy in my class had his US luggage bag for 2 years working for chi ex. and it still looks great.

grog_sit_reserv said:
NOooooooo! Don't get the rolling flight bag for your airline job, you'll never live it down- never....

why not? At least I wont have a f*cked up back from carrying that $hit. Tell me your reasoning. Its not that visible and who cares if it is!

Latest resources

Back