• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just fair warning for all you blind money chasers(nothing wrong with chasing money, but blindly chasing it is silly) Dentists have one of the highest if not the highest suicide rate.

Quote from a dentist:

Yes its true, I would imagine its because all we try to do is run a business, help people and earn a living. But all we get is screwed by the government, moaned at by people who can't understand why things cost so much, moaned at by people who have toothache, moaned at by people who want an appointment NOW, and can't have one, moaned at by people who read the Sunday supplements and think they know more than we do, moaned at by people who look up stuff on the internet, and think they're a freaking dentist, moaned at by menopausal women who dont like their new teeth, even though there's nothing wrong with them,

People trying to sue you because they they obviously know more than you do about teeth,and you didn't do it right.
Staff moaning at you because they're also getting moaned at by patients all the time. Huge bills off companies that think because your a dental practice you can pay 10 times the true cost of something, and you get to the middle of your life, with a huge mortgage, a huge business loan, 3 kids to support, and an alcohol problem, and think to yourself, I don't want to be a dentist any more.

Its not helped by people who just cannot see the stresses that dentists are under, and think we all have a great life with everything we ever wanted.

Does that shed any light on the matter?

I think the above can be applied to all medical professions, even law.

I love my flying job, though it's been quite a rough road. I'm just thankful that I didn't have a family to support at the time. Would I recommend this career? I wouldn't glamorize it, I'd tell them my experiences, and let them make their own decision. If that's what they want, then the best of luck to them. Aviation is a career that will certainly keep you guessing what's gonna happen next month, year, etc.

What a surprise... Somebody asks a question on FI, and is subjected to numerous bitter replies. I really don't get it... If you guys hate the profession that much, then get the hell out and do something else. I've done it (while working full time), and I've seen plenty of others do it as well. Although in my case I went from full time engineering to professional aviation. Let me tell you, you guys can have the engineering career... I was never so miserable in my life.

There's nothing more pathetic than watching somebody bitch and moan about their situation, while doing nothing to change it.

One of the only realistic hopes IMHO to improve the super substandard pay at the bottom is that a true pilot shortage will occur when far less people choose to train to become a professional pilot. The primary way of doing that is by educating others about the current realities. You may have it good at your current airline position, but many more don't. And the many more who don't, just may fly your route in the future because of their substandard airline low ball bid. Get it. All the viral replies are other pilots doing something about it.

You guys are funny. There was a post on Airwarriors saying how great the airlines are. Of course he is a senior captain at Nwa, I mean Delta. He's got people convinced to get out after 13 years so they don't miss the next boom. As for the lawyer thing goes, I have a buddy who has his own firm. He pays his attroney 65K and they have over 200K in debt from school. Its very tough to get a good legal job. He has Jd's applying for his file clerk postions just to get in. Of course this is San Diego not La or Nyc. His paralegal dropped out because she didn't want the debt. He wishes he would have gone to med school like his dad. But going to Chico ruined that for him. Here is the link I was talking about.
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/sh...still-a-quot-good-gig-quot?highlight=airlines

Latest resources

Back