• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Safety Hong Kong G550 type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Broke, that is way to funny and you're so right!!!

The check was a deposit for the type and should have been returned after initial training in HK after I successfully passed the practical test. And besides, the initial training in HK was to be completed in June, so after June, the deposit check expired...kind of!! $30,000 usd seemed like a small price to pay for a G550/450 type with time in the a/c, plus a better salary than in the U.S.

rum, yes I do understand that I cannot take the ATP with me. However, when I return home to the USA, all I need to do is take the "prior experience" check ride to add the type to my FAA. That being said, NO Part 142 school, such as FSI HK should be allowed to put "equivalent 142/61.157 in the objective box on the training records, this is against FAA Part 142 regulations. The "objective" must be clear...and equivalent is NOT a clear objective. And as you know, the only reason why FSI does this, is because the Chinese companies don't want you to run off with the type.

Cheers

Adios,

I don't know where you're living now, but If I were you, I would get myself down to the nearest FSI center that gives G550 Initials, and sit in the Center Managers office until he makes it right. I would definitely not call, but go in person and go straight to the Center Manager. It won't cost FSI much to do the right thing, and it will be harder to turn you away in person. It would be much better if you could go to HK, but I assume that's not feasible. These guys are in the customer service business. Be respectful but firm. They can easily fix this for you if they want to.

Last edited:
X-rated,

Yes, I totally agree with you X. I have been in contact with the HK FSI manager who is an extremely nice gentleman, and (he) is in contact with the SAV FSI manager to resolve the problem. I have been very nice, but firm in my conversations with both HK and SAV FSI. I only want to solve this without having to take it any further than emails and phone conversations. However, the feds are a little curious how FSI HK can state "Equivalent 142 61.157 school" in the objective. NOT to mention, (I) am acting as both (client/customer.)

rum, yes I do understand that I cannot take the ATP with me. However, when I return home to the USA, all I need to do is take the "prior experience" check ride to add the type to my FAA. That being said, NO Part 142 school, such as FSI HK should be allowed to put "equivalent 142/61.157 in the objective box on the training records, this is against FAA Part 142 regulations. The "objective" must be clear...and equivalent is NOT a clear objective. And as you know, the only reason why FSI does this, is because the Chinese companies don't want you to run off with the type.

Cheers

I did not know that about the "prior experience" part. I hope you can get this resolved.

Are you still with the company that sent you to training?

If not and you get the type put on your FAA cert you should have no trouble finding contract work.

All the best- Rum

yes, it looks like I will stay with the company and retrain for the "touch and go's" HA HA.

I was just a little worried about getting the type on my FAA and NOT having any time in the a/c if I had to go back home, but what could I do. I guess someone would eventually feel sorry for me and give me a break, after all they did with all my other types. LOL

Thanks Rum...fly safe

Latest resources

Back