Flight Safety Hong Kong G550 type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Adios

Ok...I signed a (second) contract with a company in Shanghai, China. On the second contract, they offered me the G550/450 type, but was required to give a $30,000 USD deposit check. [if] I failed the initial training at FSI, then they keep the check. I wrote the check, I then attended flight safety in Hong Kong in June, and successfully passed the check ride with a TCE from FSI, along with the CAAC in the simulator. In China you have to do "touch and go's" in the aircraft, then they give the license. Anyway, the SAME CAAC POI who gave me the FSI sim check...FAILED me for "touch and go's!" I now have no CAAC/FAA license. Someone please tell me how an FAA Part 142 school can take money and NOT provide a license to an FAA Pilot who just went through the G550 month long type school.

Chime in everyone...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Subscribed...

I don't understand why you wouldn't have the FAA license, the CAAC examiner has no authority and it should have been issued. If you passed the training and did all of the appropriate paperwork, a discussion with FSI is in order, along with the reminder that they ARE still regulated by FAA and can and will be contacted regarding this matter.

As for the CAAC examiner, well, this is why china is not a reliable place to seek employment.

Capt, I received my training documents, along with my G550 diploma from flight safety. However, FSI says, I was the "client" and the Chinese company is the "customer." that being said, I guess that means that my parents name should be on my college diploma and my ATP license since they are the ones who paid...And yes, I did send a lengthy email to the HK FSI manager and asked him politely, if we can resolve this without legal actions.

thanks CS

The Chinese company may be the "customer", and FSI has to train you to their standards. They probably have to train using the "customer's" syllabus.

LR45, nothing went wrong with the "touch and go's," and how can someone who just took a G550 practical test at flight safety with a TCE and the same CAAC fail touch and go's? Not only that, the CAAC said I passed, but when I went home to the U.S. for vacation, the company then said i failed and tried to cash the 30,000 usd check. But, the check was only good for the initial G550 training at fight safety HK. My .2 cents is the CAAC does not like Americans and the company wanted the check.

Flight Safety does not have a training syllabus from the Chinese company. FSI uses a standard ATP practical test syllabus. As for the Chinese pilots, they may use China airports for their approaches, but even that I'm not 100 percent certain.

Last edited:
What was your objective during training? If it was 61.157(TR) then you were enrolled in the adding a type rating to your existing US ATP.

If your objective was listed as *, or non-FAA, then there would be no certificate action (adding a type rating) and you would not receive anything on your US ATP.

Latest resources

Back