Flight Opts pilot arrested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VampyreGTX said:
Well in court some more details came out. The latest report is that they were caught in the act in the stairwell. She claims she told the pilot No, but he replied "no one says no to me!" and preceeded to rape her. She then exchanged phone numbers with the pilot. She claims it was for identification purposes only in case he got away. Finally, when the arresting officer was asked if there were any indications of a assault or rape he said no.

The more info comes out, the more it sounds like she was embarrased to be caught, didn't want to get charged with screwing in public and cried rape.

Source?????

jehtplane said:
Source?????

http://wsbradio.com/news/0810airportrape.html

I've told my wife the details that have been reported so far and based on those (which is only a small part and subject to errors) and she believes the 'victim' is making this up (the rape, not the sex part). She worked in the Kentucky correctional system studying case files of sexual predators and victims during her PhD in Psych studies. She feels that comments like "no one says no to me" are to cliche. Plus the information about the phone number jsut doesn't fit either. I have no care for any kind of sexual criminal, especially after hearing the stories my wife would tell me from the files she saw; however, I think a women who uses rape as an excuse to cover her own indiscretions to save face is also horrible as they are ruining the life of a person with something that will follow them till the day they die.

Last edited:
VampyreGTX said:
http://wsbradio.com/news/0810airportrape.html

I've told my wife the details that have been reported so far and based on those (which is only a small part and subject to errors) and she believes the 'victim' is making this up (the rape, not the sex part). She worked in the Kentucky correctional system studying case files of sexual predators and victims during her PhD in Psych studies. She feels that comments like "no one says no to me" are to cliche. Plus the information about the phone number jsut doesn't fit either. I have no care for any kind of sexual criminal, especially after hearing the stories my wife would tell me from the files she saw; however, I think a women who uses rape as an excuse to cover her own indiscretions to save face is also horrible as they are ruining the life of a person with something that will follow them till the day they die.

I agree that the word rape is a terrible word to throw around if that is not what happened, however, I think that some of the reports are not accurate as to what was said and in what order. .

Its funny how a company will drop you just like that. Flight options is definatley not my option.

If this all does turn out to be just her invoking the "rape" word to save herself embarrassment and Flt Opts dropped him like they did, he's going to be set for life after the lawsuit against Flt Opts...

If hey had waited until he was convicted to fire him, that'd be one thing. Firing him at the first sign of arrest is pretty stupid on their part - sounds like they need a better labor law attorney on their HR payroll.

Lear70 said:
If this all does turn out to be just her invoking the "rape" word to save herself embarrassment and Flt Opts dropped him like they did, he's going to be set for life after the lawsuit against Flt Opts...

If hey had waited until he was convicted to fire him, that'd be one thing. Firing him at the first sign of arrest is pretty stupid on their part - sounds like they need a better labor law attorney on their HR payroll.

I agree with their decision to drop him. He was supposedly in uniform, jumpseating to his job. He admitted to having sex in public with a girl at the airport. Nice way to represent your company. I guarantee in the paperwork for his firing it made mention of the arrest, but the reason was probably his innappropraite behavior while representing the company. I have yet to work for a company that doesn't have some wording in the employee handbook that mentions something about properly representing and respecting the company.

VampyreGTX said:
I agree with their decision to drop him. He was supposedly in uniform, jumpseating to his job.

He was on a company paid ticket on company time. Some people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Granted, they had every RIGHT to fire him, but ONLY after hearing all the evidence; there's a difference in what they did.

They didn't wait to get his side of the story, they didn't wait to see if he even DID act inappropriately (he probably did, given the circumstance), they simply heard of his arrest, heard the grounds, and immediately dismissed him.

THAT'S what's going to hang Flt Opts mgmt on this one; his attorney is going to have a field day with it... of course that's a big IF he comes through this and the D.A. drops the charges.

Company Attorney: "Mr. Pilot, is it a true that while on duty in uniform, you engaged in sexual relations with a 16 year old girl in a public area inside an airline terminal?"

Yeah - I can see his legal team being able to get a BIG settlement out of a judge or jury with those sets of facts.

He was also "employed at will". Flight Options needs no reason to fire him, although I have to admit he gave them one. He'll have no legal recourse against FltOps. Moral issue aside, he was in company uniform. Add 1000 idiot points on top of those previously earned for that bone headed move.

Latest resources

Back