Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
El Chupacabra said:
I will be happy to help you out my illiterate friend

Do you now understand what the 10th amendment to the Constitution means?

Sorry, that wasn't much help, seeing as how I'm illiterate. :D

il·lit·er·ate adj.
    1. Unable to read and write.
    2. Having little or no formal education.

1. Marked by inferiority to an expected standard of familiarity with language and literature.
    2. Violating prescribed standards of speech or writing.
  1. Ignorant of the fundamentals of a given art or branch of knowledge: musically illiterate. See Usage Note at literate.

El-

I hear ya, but we are in a different perspective b/c we are aware of her age from the press reports. Unfortunately for the pilot, if he knew her age (and maybe he did) than he would not have partaken in the sexual encounter. He may have been having sex with a woman after his flight that turned out to be 16... or what if she lied about her age in casual conversation. I think I heard about teenagers lying about their age once or twice before.

I just get sick of this, “I have a daughter so let him fry.”... well is your daughter a lying sexually active girl? Or would she not engage in activity like this? I don't know NOR do we know the story of the gal in this particular case. But b/c of the laws they can fry this guy in the media, but must protect her. If it is found to be consensual and that she lied about her age, he better sue for defamation of character that cost him his job, his reputation, and potential future earnings. If it is the other way around then we will indeed see him rot in jail, aka "fry him."

There is always two ides of the story and in a case like this you can legally only get one at best at this point...

BUT MY OPINION!! Raping a girl in a stairwell at the airport raises a B.S. flag. Seems like teamwork would be required to not get caught or noticed.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure he knew he was not supposed to be having sex in the stairwell with ANYONE.

Just makes it better that she was 16 and I have to think that that area is a SIDA area. But its been a while since I have gone through ATL.

Repeating. I don't care what he knew about her age. Her age is what it is. Apparently that does not help in GA though.

IMO it is sort of a responsibility for all of us adults to look at for any teenagers we might encounter. When you wear the uniform of a pilot... many young people would consider you an authority figure. Someone who you could go to for help... ESPECIALLY at an airport.

Sorry no sympathy here.

El Chupacabra said:
dawg,

You got me thinking of another example.

Do we not arrest prostitutes in most states... and post the names of the Johns in some states in newspapers ?

Now how could this be if there is a Contitutional right for consenting persons? I think the ACLU needs to get hot on that one.

That does make a valid and interesting point. Ultimately, society determines what is acceptable and what is not. Our society by and large considers prostitution and soliciting prostitution illegal, and we don't cry foul when people go to jail over it. (although this hasn't stopped it from being a thriving industry). If 2 consenting adults have sex under a tree in a park, it's at worst lewd public behavior. If money is exchanged before the same act, it's suddenly a more serious crime. This doesn't really make sense, unless taken in the context of what society's level of tolerance is. You can bet if certain people tried to elevate out-of-wedlock sex or adultery to the same level as prostitution, there'd be a civil war. The fact of the matter is, if this guy committed rape or statutory rape, he is a criminal in the eyes of the law. Anything other than those and he gets a free pass (legally), even an "atta boy" from some people (not my opinion, just stating a fact). Flight Options can still fire him for inappropriate behavior while representing the company (or for wearing yellow socks for that matter, since it is an "at will" company). Moral judgements aside, the line of criminal vs. non-criminal is pretty clear cut. In any case, his name is mud now, and it will be very difficult to overcome that. To borrow a phrase from Top Gun, he'll be lucky to "be hauling boxes of fake dog crap around in an old freighter", or something like that.

El Chupacabra said:
IMO it is sort of a responsibility for all of us adults to look at for any teenagers we might encounter. When you wear the uniform of a pilot... many young people would consider you an authority figure. Someone who you could go to for help... ESPECIALLY at an airport.

See, now this, THIS is a reasonable, non-self-righteous argument.

I am pleased to be able to agree with you. By the way, is this you, Dad?

leardawg said:
. This doesn't really make sense, unless taken in the context of what society's level of tolerance is. You can bet if certain people tried to elevate out-of-wedlock sex or adultery to the same level as prostitution, there'd be a civil war.

Yes the people who Tolerate this behavior (as long as a 16 yr old gives her consent), are the same one's that are INTOLERANT of the fact that I won't tolerate it.

We are heading to the point where anything goes.

El Chica. I must agree with you on this. She is 16 and an adult should know better.

As far the rest your arguement goes, if she is 18 then all bets are off. We have free will. Correct?

You should work on keeping your pick and choose bible stuff yourself, makes for bad company.

BTW, I have yet to find someone who does NOT pick and choose which bible verses to live by.

If we did not have free will we would not be responsible for our own actions.

I am not sure what you mean by bible stuff. I used 3 words which I credited to St Paul.

Last edited:
So. How about them Red Sox?

I have no sympathy for womanizers. He would still be scum for banging an 18 year old girl.

Let the law run its course - it usually works itself out.
Either way, he is royally fcked.

Latest resources

Back