Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain Overs

Does anyone know anything about Flight Options? I heard they are hiring contract CA's off the street to fly some of their jets and they have SIC people who have yet to upgrade. Anyone?

BE40Driver said:
The last day for contract pilots at Flight options will be Feb. 11 for both Legacy and Cit.X.

Is this when the GIV, 601 and F50 pilots will start their transition over to the Legacy & X fleets? How long will that transition take (i.e., how long before a GIV pilot will have to give up his "coveted" GIV seat...)?

They cant move those guys and gals until the contracts run out on the plane as the owners are not being forces to leave their current contracts. They are just not offered to renew them. Not quite sure where they all will go? We dont have and we are not getting enough legacy's to house all those folks..I guess there will be some highly paid hawker and beechjet pilots..

Galaxy said:
They cant move those guys and gals until the contracts run out on the plane as the owners are not being forces to leave their current contracts. They are just not offered to renew them. Not quite sure where they all will go? We dont have and we are not getting enough legacy's to house all those folks..I guess there will be some highly paid hawker and beechjet pilots..

How many Legacies are you expecting to have on the property this year (and total)? Will the Legacies have FAs? How many X's are expected total?

Contract Capt's is a little different. I knew some of the contract Challenger guys that worked there. For the most part none of the Frac's will hire of the street captains anymore.

We did at NJA but its hard to imagine a time when that will be necessary again.

Flight Options has hired ONLY NINE (9) in the last eight months. FO is down to FOUR (4) operational Citation 3's. C-2, C-5, and C-3 pilots are in transition now as well as some 800A guys and gals. So, there is no need to hire now or for the forseeable future except that former RTA guys and gals are quiting or getting themselves fired at the cyclic rate. The current body of FO spawned managers are making sure that all are assimulated.

Latest resources

Back