Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options union robs the first officers is this ok?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's why the 5 year plus duration is such a concern, IMO. Putting up with an unsatisfactory deal for 2 yrs, 3 max, would be a lot easier--not to mention, fairer. Unfortunately, some managers are slow to realize that the stick approach causes more problems in the long run. When that's the case, (and it does appear that way, even to an outsider like me) then making sure they fully realize that the pilot group is tired of disrespectful treatment seems to me to be the best method of education. The way I see it, a handful of pilots across the table can't get the message across like a determined pilot-group voting down a lop-sided TA. The term "lop-sided" is my own personal opinion from the outside; those of you in 1108 may see it differently.

Obviously, such a big decision requires lots of discussion on the 1108 board and at your kitchen tables. Having been thru the process, I know it takes a lot of time and thought and, to some degree, even crystal-ball gazing. But your future depends on it so it is definitely worth it! Best wishes as you work on adding up the pros and cons. NJW

Latest resources

Back