Flight Options Union Drive Strengthening

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dime line said:
Flying with new guys who are under 2000hrs, first jet, and think this job is the best. The ones that have been here any length of time are looking to get out.
Let them leave, one less person complaining.

jetwash said:
WHY ???????????

For me I would be working one less day a week, and making over $28,000 a year more with the same contract the IBT got Net jets.

I don't know how to explain it any simpler to you.

Maybe using crayons and big letters you might be able to see why a union at Flight Options is needed!!!

Jetwash, you better call the Southwest pilots and tell them they made a huge mistake then by forming their own union...

Holy $hit Francis, relax.....

Greygoose did you actually think that was a worthy post, kinda makes me think your not an FO pilot or you an idiot, or maybe both.

ultrarunner said:
Jetwash, you better call the Southwest pilots and tell them they made a huge mistake then by forming their own union...

Everyone does what it best for them. For the Southwest pilots that is the best for them as it is for the American pilots. In the fractional business the IBT got Net jet pilots the best deal in the frac industry, Why would we not want the same deal?
Or should we wait for management to send out another $26 fuel savings gift card?

If you want to organize an inhouse union go ahead and start doing all the leg work and finance it yourself on your 7 days off.

For now the IBT is the best game in town and we should get in on it ASAP

Last edited:
cosmotheassman said:
Yeah, unionize Flight Options. This union has done such wonderful things for NJA; and not to mention, in record breaking time...

Check the record on 1108. Even before the TA, they've gotten some sizable grievance awards for members. And this from a group that was voted in to office less than a year ago and also managed to get us our own local.

I think the current MEC and Strong Union leadership have done a great job. I can't say the last Teamsters local did much for me at my last company but this group has been much more capable and produced tangible results.

Cosmo - do you work for NJA or a different frac?

Last edited:
ultrarunner said:

My guess is that the waste of resources on things like fighting grievances, conducting SBA, negotiating constantly for 4 years, and paying for arbitration are things the SWAPA pilots have not had to foot the bill for as an independant Union. NetJets pilots now do all of these things and it is costly. It helps to have a Union with deeper pockets and resources than an independent. It helps alot.

The plots of SWA have a MUCH different working relationship with their management team. NJA "management" has issues.

I don't know Grizz

Grizz said:
Rick,

Not at all. Last November we formed our own local and things have improved 1000% since then. Granted, we're still learning and making mistakes. The difference with this group is that our leadership is firmly committed to making our union the best in the industry. I think if you ask most of our pilots, they will tell you that they are impressed with how far we've come in a year.

I am not saying you are a liar, but every day I run into an unhappy NJ pilot. Not that you cannot run into an unhappy pilot every day, but I have yet to meet a happy NJ pilot. I wish you the best of luck.

Latest resources

Back