Flight Options Union Drive Strengthening

Heavy Set

Total Time
Copied from AIN Online:

Flight Options Union Drive Strengthening
Three of the five pilots for Cleveland-based fractional aircraft operator Flight Options who are trying to organize pilots under International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 1108 (the same union that represents NetJets fractional pilots) told AIN that they soon expect to have enough organizing cards to call a vote. They claim to already have 400 cards from Flight Options pilots, though they need 550–or 65 percent of the 848-strong pilot workforce–to call a vote. The organizing group is confident that the NetJets tentative agreement struck earlier this month (and scheduled for a vote on November 21), which “shows what a union can do,” will influence at least 150 “fence sitters” to send in their cards.

Booger

Total Time
Mucho
My Thoughts!

Lets GET ER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is time to end the madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heavy Set

Total Time
What could the remaining 484 pilots at FLOPS like about the current situation? I'd say that most aspects of FLOPS have gotten much WORSE over the last 6 months. Why the delay in sending in their cards?

dime line

Total Time
nuf
"Why the delay in sending in their cards"

Flying with new guys who are under 2000hrs, first jet, and think this job is the best. The ones that have been here any length of time are looking to get out.

ultrarunner

Total Time
Heavy Set said:
Three of the five pilots for Cleveland-based fractional aircraft operator Flight Options who are trying to organize pilots under International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 1108 (the same union that represents NetJets fractional pilots) told AIN that they soon expect to have enough organizing cards to call a vote.

Why in the world would you go with IBT, or any other "union", as opposed to your own union?

What IS the advantage?

dime line

Total Time
nuf
"Why in the world would you go with IBT, or any other "union", as opposed to your own union"

Ummmm NJ TA sounds pretty good to me, not the best but sure on the right track

DX Rick

Total Time
Not trying to be a smart ass here, but arent the NJ guys sorry they voted in their union?

Grizz

Too much free time
Total Time
c/15^4
Rick,

Not at all. Last November we formed our own local and things have improved 1000% since then. Granted, we're still learning and making mistakes. The difference with this group is that our leadership is firmly committed to making our union the best in the industry. I think if you ask most of our pilots, they will tell you that they are impressed with how far we've come in a year.

jetwash

Total Time
23 yrs
ultrarunner said:
Why in the world would you go with IBT, or any other "union", as opposed to your own union?

What IS the advantage?

WHY ???????????

For me I would be working one less day a week, and making over $28,000 a year more with the same contract the IBT got Net jets.

I don't know how to explain it any simpler to you.

Maybe using crayons and big letters you might be able to see why a union at Flight Options is needed!!!

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Total Time
Enough
Because we are sick of waking up or landing and turning on our BB's and getting another e-mail from management that changes our QOL. We have recourse now atleast with the IBTor any other union that would not be able to change stuff like that on a whim.

Simple enough?????????????

greygoose

Total Time
~
dime line said:
Flying with new guys who are under 2000hrs, first jet, and think this job is the best. The ones that have been here any length of time are looking to get out.
Let them leave, one less person complaining.

ultrarunner

Total Time
jetwash said:
WHY ???????????

For me I would be working one less day a week, and making over $28,000 a year more with the same contract the IBT got Net jets.

I don't know how to explain it any simpler to you.

Maybe using crayons and big letters you might be able to see why a union at Flight Options is needed!!!

Jetwash, you better call the Southwest pilots and tell them they made a huge mistake then by forming their own union...

Holy $hit Francis, relax.....

dime line

Total Time
nuf
Greygoose did you actually think that was a worthy post, kinda makes me think your not an FO pilot or you an idiot, or maybe both.

jetwash

Total Time
23 yrs
ultrarunner said:
Jetwash, you better call the Southwest pilots and tell them they made a huge mistake then by forming their own union...

Everyone does what it best for them. For the Southwest pilots that is the best for them as it is for the American pilots. In the fractional business the IBT got Net jet pilots the best deal in the frac industry, Why would we not want the same deal?
Or should we wait for management to send out another $26 fuel savings gift card?

If you want to organize an inhouse union go ahead and start doing all the leg work and finance it yourself on your 7 days off.

For now the IBT is the best game in town and we should get in on it ASAP

Last edited:

cosmotheassman

Total Time
Yeah, unionize Flight Options. This union has done such wonderful things for NJA; and not to mention, in record breaking time...

Guitar Guy

Charvel - San Dimas
Total Time
Enough
cosmotheassman said:
Yeah, unionize Flight Options. This union has done such wonderful things for NJA; and not to mention, in record breaking time...

Check the record on 1108. Even before the TA, they've gotten some sizable grievance awards for members. And this from a group that was voted in to office less than a year ago and also managed to get us our own local.

I think the current MEC and Strong Union leadership have done a great job. I can't say the last Teamsters local did much for me at my last company but this group has been much more capable and produced tangible results.

Cosmo - do you work for NJA or a different frac?

Last edited:

FLYLOW22

Total Time
TT
ultrarunner said:

My guess is that the waste of resources on things like fighting grievances, conducting SBA, negotiating constantly for 4 years, and paying for arbitration are things the SWAPA pilots have not had to foot the bill for as an independant Union. NetJets pilots now do all of these things and it is costly. It helps to have a Union with deeper pockets and resources than an independent. It helps alot.

The plots of SWA have a MUCH different working relationship with their management team. NJA "management" has issues.

Grizz

Too much free time
Total Time
c/15^4
Guitar Guy said:
Cosmo - do you work for NJA or a different frac?

He works for Flex and has an island sized chip on his shoulder. Leave him be...

merlindrvr88

Total Time
7000+
I don't know Grizz

Grizz said:
Rick,

Not at all. Last November we formed our own local and things have improved 1000% since then. Granted, we're still learning and making mistakes. The difference with this group is that our leadership is firmly committed to making our union the best in the industry. I think if you ask most of our pilots, they will tell you that they are impressed with how far we've come in a year.

I am not saying you are a liar, but every day I run into an unhappy NJ pilot. Not that you cannot run into an unhappy pilot every day, but I have yet to meet a happy NJ pilot. I wish you the best of luck.