• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Copied from AIN Online:

Flight Options Union Drive Strengthening
Three of the five pilots for Cleveland-based fractional aircraft operator Flight Options who are trying to organize pilots under International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 1108 (the same union that represents NetJets fractional pilots) told AIN that they soon expect to have enough organizing cards to call a vote. They claim to already have 400 cards from Flight Options pilots, though they need 550–or 65 percent of the 848-strong pilot workforce–to call a vote. The organizing group is confident that the NetJets tentative agreement struck earlier this month (and scheduled for a vote on November 21), which “shows what a union can do,” will influence at least 150 “fence sitters” to send in their cards.

My Thoughts!

Lets GET ER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is time to end the madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What could the remaining 484 pilots at FLOPS like about the current situation? I'd say that most aspects of FLOPS have gotten much WORSE over the last 6 months. Why the delay in sending in their cards?

"Why the delay in sending in their cards"

Flying with new guys who are under 2000hrs, first jet, and think this job is the best. The ones that have been here any length of time are looking to get out.

Heavy Set said:
Three of the five pilots for Cleveland-based fractional aircraft operator Flight Options who are trying to organize pilots under International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 1108 (the same union that represents NetJets fractional pilots) told AIN that they soon expect to have enough organizing cards to call a vote.

Why in the world would you go with IBT, or any other "union", as opposed to your own union?

What IS the advantage?

"Why in the world would you go with IBT, or any other "union", as opposed to your own union"

Ummmm NJ TA sounds pretty good to me, not the best but sure on the right track

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but arent the NJ guys sorry they voted in their union?

Rick,

Not at all. Last November we formed our own local and things have improved 1000% since then. Granted, we're still learning and making mistakes. The difference with this group is that our leadership is firmly committed to making our union the best in the industry. I think if you ask most of our pilots, they will tell you that they are impressed with how far we've come in a year.

ultrarunner said:
Why in the world would you go with IBT, or any other "union", as opposed to your own union?

What IS the advantage?

WHY ???????????

For me I would be working one less day a week, and making over $28,000 a year more with the same contract the IBT got Net jets.

I don't know how to explain it any simpler to you.

Maybe using crayons and big letters you might be able to see why a union at Flight Options is needed!!!

Because we are sick of waking up or landing and turning on our BB's and getting another e-mail from management that changes our QOL. We have recourse now atleast with the IBTor any other union that would not be able to change stuff like that on a whim.

Simple enough?????????????

Latest resources

Back