Flight Options - Travel Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

57FLY'N

I have not seen any talk of the joining RTA and Flight options pilots.

What are some of the issues?

I hear that, Ricci (sp?) offered alot until the union attemp failed, then screwed the RTA guys out of pay, and Beennies?

How can you say that a 8 on 7 off, schedule with no work rules, is better that a 6 and 4. even if it does equate to a yearly reduction of time off?

I would prefer the 8/7 just because you only commute twice a month

If you go to this website:

pilots.flightoptions.com

you will see the difference in benefits

Ohio is an employment at will state and I dont believe FO had any legal obligation to keep all of the RTA pilots. In light of the fact that the 8/7 schedule makes them overstaffed I would think that the fact no RTA pilots were laid off is commendable

Flydog Right?

It pains me to say Flydog is right. FO has had a good deal on their plate in this deal and they have done a reasonably good job of handling things.

They were overstaffed as Raytheon had big company mentality and they have kept it going..I talked to Rebecca the other day and she said they are working on the tremendous backlog of resumes and updates.

Flight Options, LLC

I am a ex-RTA/new FLight Options, LLC pilot.

For me, I welcome the 8/7 schedule. Yes, 8 days is a long time to be away, but I think I can suck it up. But four days off is and never will be enough time off. With only four days off, if I went skiing or visiting relatives for a few days, I would some home and then go right back out on the road. No time at home. Now, I can take a little weekend trip and still have four or five days at home to unwind. Also, this new schedule guarantees that I will pretty much get every other weekend off with my wife.

Promises made by KR? Yes, some things were promised and not delivered. Personally, I think that comes from KR misspeaking and not any attempt to screw us. Honest mistakes.

I think it will be allright with this merger. I'm content.

The Transition from RTA to LLC has had some bumps, so far 5 are pending termination. FO claims that RTA had too many pilots but now they claim that there are not enough Captains, this was self induced by FO in its realignment. 8 on 7 off is going to be tough same F.O. for 8 days for months on end. 7 and 7 would be beter for me.There is no garauntee that you will get home on day 8 have already heard that they arent giving go home airlines untill last flight on day 8. Things are going to be turbulent at the new joint venture especially when the seniority issue finaly hits thats why there are still 2 pilot groups FO LLC and FO proper. Sounds like previouse poster was new at RTA and hadnt seen the early growing pains that are starting all over again FO is 2 years behind RTA and 10 behind EJA, being "Content" can lead to complacency be carefull if we do not grow we will perish.

Best of Luck

terminated

A good friend works for RTA or what is now FO and I was told that one of the guys that got terminated was actually a friend and he was a model employee. No prior history and well liked and respected by the RTA folks. Go figure

No body is talking yet, the one pilot that I know is a stand up guy with no known history. the word that I got is that the entire situation is pending some sort of review. Hopefully the outcome will not strain relationships more than they are. Unfortunately an Us and them mentality has formed with some of the pilots.

Latest resources

Back