Flight Options questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

joedirt

Can any recent hires at Options give me some real info on pay and upgrades. What does the B200 pay as FO and how long to upgrade to captain? Is there any benefit to staying as B200 captain and passing on upgrades to the little jets? Fractstats doesn't mention the King Air in its pay schedules.

I can't answer that but there are guys out here who can, so I'll move it back to the top for you. You're right fractats won't be much help on those questions.

I have been told by a buddy of mine over there that the King Air pay is the same as the Beech Jet.
I think the real question is what do you have to do to get a call from Mr. G? I have been calling him about twice a month for the past 4-6 months and updating my resume about twice a month.
Any advice would be helpful...

Thanks

Pay grade is the same for the King Air, all 500 series Citations, and Beechjet. Pilots are not allowed to move to the same position in another aircraft at the same pay grade, with the exception of pilots moving from the King Air to a jet. If you bid and are awarded PIC in the CJ, you are stuck in the CJ until you can hold a larger aircraft with a higher pay grade as PIC, or bid SIC - at the corresponding pay rate - in a larger aircraft.

I am not sure what upgrades are running in the light aircraft. I think it is around 12-16 months in the jets, but I am not positive on that one. I'll let somebody else closer to the heart of that issue answer it to give you a better idea. I have no idea what upgrades are running in the King Air.

Upgrade times will likely change after the seniority list merger is finalized.

Far as I know we are still hiring. Had 2 classes this month. You really need someone to walk your stuff in. They are getting about 800 to 1000 resumes a month right now. Yeah they changed the website and I don't think there is a link to apply online anymore.

the keys is...

You almost have to be a buddy of someone to get in. They are hiring 20 to 30 per month, at least that's what I heard. Without someone walking a resume in for you, your chances of getting are non existant. They are receiving 100+ per week. The walk ins at least get into the will be looked at maybe pile.

Good luck, but think before you leap. Your looking at very possibly 2 years in the right seat of a King Air, Beechjet, or Citation before you will be upgrading to a FO in something bigger. Even longer to be a PIC. Upgrading has become non existant since the merger.

I'm not exactly sure what the starting King Air/Light Jet FO pay is...I think it is around 34k plus per diem ($40 and change per day paid at 16 days a month regardless of whether you're sitting at home or not)

If you declare that your domicile is Cleveland, you get $400 extra per month although, you are responsible for making yourself available for duty at CGF by 3am on day 1 of your 8 day tour (there is also a 9 on and 6 off option that pays a little more). The company will pick up the hotel the night before your tour begins. On day 8 they only have to bring you back to Cleveland and you find your own way home. However, sometimes they (if cost effective for them) will airline you out of your town to your aircraft and sometimes they will buy you a ticket home. It's dicey.

You can declare any other domicile as long as it is within an hour of an airport served by at least 3 airlines and has at least 6 flights per day, one of which comes in after 11pm. With this option the company buys you airline tickets to and from your domicile but, you don't get the $400. Personally, since I am 6 hours driving time from Cleveland I like the peace of mind and not having to worry about travel to and from my assignment.

I've been here 1.5 years and I think it's a good place to work.

In case I wasn't clear, (sorry, I'm in a hurry) the normal schedule is 8 on and 7 off with an optional 9 and 6)

Good luck.

Last edited:
I have a non-money related question for you guys. I was down at FLL yesterday and I saw two FLOPS guys going to work wearing polo shirts with the Options logo on it. Did you guys get a different uniform or do you have a management company with different unis?

Polo shirts

That is our casual dress. For all live legs, the crew must be in uniform. For anything else, casual dress is allowed. Deadheads, test flights, etc.

Latest resources

Back