Flight Options new program!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HEY RJL

RJL-why all the negative posts about Flight Options? How do you get off by comparing Flight Options to Avalor? That is like comparing a BMW to an Yugo! You should ask your suits that you fly if they consider Raytheon a serious investor. I would buy as much stock in Flight Options as i could, if i could.
Come on RJL be a little bit more optimistic about things. Did you not pass the sim ride when you interviewed at Flight Options or something? Why all the negitivity?
:)

No negativity my friend, just reality. I've been caught up in the aviation company hype and jet wash for too many years not to want to check and confirm claims and potential of a "bright and shiny future."

When it comes down to it, the money has to be there for the company to succeed and grow. Avolar is proof that talent and optimism aren't enough to make a company successful. From the postings of some of my brothers on this site, it seems like Flight Options may have the talent. Financially, they will need some help to keep going.

Raytheon had been trying to sell Travel Air for several years before they finally got saved by Flight Options. I was told that NetJets was approached but didn't want anything to do with them-- The Raytheon aircraft was good, the fractional prgram was bad. Ask yourself how Flight Options can afford to combine companies, pay high salaries, charge low rates and still make a profit. It has been many years since I took economics, but I still know that it will be tough for them to succeed and last- Not impossible, but tough.

I was told earlier this month that Executive Jet is the only company that ever made a profit in the Fractional business. I hope to meet you at an FBO in the future when you can prove me wrong.

Good luck All-

RJ

Glad to be here!!

Frac,

Thanks for the welcome, it's a pleasure to be here. Coming from a jet, things will happen very slowly in the King Air, but everyone I've talked to that's flown them really likes them. With all the PICs in the 200s moving into the jets, and the SICs changing seats, the movement will be quick in the props. That's good for everyone in the King Air program. And there's something to be said for flying all new airplanes. For example, "Hey, flying new airplanes will be pretty sweet!!"

Looking forward to IOE in my new airplane, and looking forward to working with everyone at Options!!

Safe skies all.....

Clap

Question to new FlOpt hired

I see that FO has started new classes. That's very good news and congratulate all the new hired guys. Could any give an answer IF in these classes are any of the former RTA pool pilots? OR IF FO plans to call for a class date any of the former RTA pool pilots? Thank you and hope one day I will join you.

There were no new hires in the last class of RTAs. The Indoc was new hires at FO and a quick three day Indoc for some of the existing RTA pilots. Nobody made any mention of an RTA pool while I was in the schoolhouse. I didn't even know one existed. If you have any friends at RTA or FO, I'd suggest you have them bring in another resume. Or try calling Eric G. directly, he might know something about a pool. He's a great HR guy, he'll do his best to help you out. Not too sure if he'd know anything about the RTA system yet though, he's got his hands full with the Options group right now. Good luck, I hope you find something out soon.....

Clap

Can the FO pilots please give me the scoop on the interview process?

I.E. - Questions asked, any sim ride, who conducts the interviews, wait time between process and hire or not hired.

Thanks!

Wow....good luck Flight Options! Seems like you are starting to turn up the heat on the competition.

Check the details

This great pricing plan that FLOPS came up with sounds wonderful. Too bad it only applies to 1 thats right 1 plane. They don't get any more NEW Hawker 800XP's for 15 months. EJA is getting them all. Talk about bate and switch! Look before you leap!!

"This great pricing plan that FLOPS came up with sounds wonderful. Too bad it only applies to 1 thats right 1 plane. They don't get any more NEW Hawker 800XP's for 15 months. EJA is getting them all. Talk about bate and switch! Look before you leap!!"

If it's a used airplane, it will be sold as such. I bet EJA never sells a "new" share of a used airplane, do they? Oh wait, they do. Is that bait and switch, or just good business practice since it's EJA?

You seem to have some real self esteem issues. You were the kid in school that put others down to make yourself feel good, right?

Latest resources

Back