Flight Options new program!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
one crew one airplane

That dosen't make much sense to do that, but I see why they do.

Question: Does flight opshions paint the pilot's names on the side of the airplane like the military does too?

How about mechanics? Is their one mechanic or mx crew per aircraft?

That would make even more sense.

Re: Dedicated crewing

Jetz said:
---and like the Military that dosent care about cost of operation...

The military's cares very much about cost of operation because they are habitually underfunded. The way that the military operates and what it does is the National Defence and Programs vision of the President, the House and Senate. The defence budget is originated by the Executive, reviewed by the Office of Management and Budget, and goes through three Congressional reviews, the last of which is line by line, before the military sees the first appropriation dollar. The final amount decided by congress as the minimum operating budget is usually further offset by entitlement spending such as Social Security and Medicare.

The military....home of the cost overrun...

The military manufactures nothing so cannot have a "cost overrun"; they do, however, cancel contracts with defence contractors who do - as it appears the Army is about to do with Boeing on the Comanche. As an interesting aside, when we were modernizing a facility at Andrews, we were used as an instrument of social engineering. Congressional guidelines forced us to use a "Small Woman Owned Business" for a portion of the work. This enabled us to pay nearly $2000.00 for an Insinkerater that we could have picked up at Home Depot for a couple of hundred bucks. The woman's business card actually had that phrase on it. She wasn't small, so the adjective must have modified the size of her business, but she knew that a certain percentage of military spending had to go to her type of business so she could gouge us (and you, by proxie) as badly as she wanted. Go figure.

home of the bloated operating budgets...where no one is out to make a profit...

Spoken like someone who has never had to meet a unit operating budget. The cliche phrase, "We have done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing", originated in the military. The military tries to operate at actual cost of operation with the exception of some MWR operations which generate a profit to cover their cost of operations so the taxpayer doesn't have to. If the military made a profit, they would be over-charging the citizens.

The military is a bargain if you view it in the light of the way of life they enable you to have...

Whats the Deal?

:confused:

Why are you EJA pilots jumping all over Flight Options so much?

Do you think that EJA has never done any slick ads or promotions?

For a comoany that is not any threat to EJA you guys seem bent on bringing up any bad news you can find.......its getting old.

You guys sell new....we sell used and new. There are lots of buyers to go around.......

What is USED anyway.......3 yrs 5 yrs old? Are any of EJA aircraft over 5 yrs old? If they are.... are your owners paying new prices for them? I bet they are......

I have been in MY aircraft for 4 mths...only when its down for long periods of time do i fly other planes.

Fly safe!!

Hey Jetz, why are you so bitter about Flight Options? This is a civil thread until you jump into it. Did you not get hired? Did you not get an interview? Whatever it is, get over it. You've posted some pretty ignorant words here, and I'm sorry I wasted my time reading them.

Since our company sucks so bad and wherever you work is so great, be happy you aren't at Flight Options!! We have a great group of pilots to work with, and we don't need attitudes like yours around here anyway.

Jetz... I've read all your stuff... and I am sorry to say this .. but you are an idiot.... the only thing I want to educate you on the comment out the FAA certified captains... when you are trained in an aircraft which requires two pilots.. you can be trained as a PIC or SIC .. like in the airlines.. . those guys in the right seat are trained .. but not as captains..... it's called a type rating ... look in to it!

Attitude

As to the comment about my attitude...

;-)

Is this a forum? ARe discussions and comments allowed, or are we only permitted to be pro- certain companies?

Guys, comments are comments. Sorry you take them so hard!

:)

Pilot with an attitude?

Oh, there are no pilots around here with an attitude or an ego... that would be just so unusual, would it not?

Jetz, I think you are missing the point. Flight Options is saying that they want all their pilots to be type rated. This does not mean that they are all REAL CAPTAINS, just real certified to be a capitain once they are QUALIFIED.

Agreed, there is not much difference between SIC and PIC training at the Flight Safety establishment. There is actually NO difference other than how much ink is on their license when they leave.

You have a point, though. The wording they use is silly. But stop trying to pick the fly shiite from the pepper.

-Turbanhead.

Hey Turbanhead,

You seem to be taking lots of joy in aircraft accidents.

You must have been just laughing After American went down in Queen or when Swiss air , United , Alaska etc... all went down.

You shoud seek professional help you pathetic piece of S***

Last edited:
"Flight Options is saying that they want all their pilots to be type rated. This does not mean that they are all REAL CAPTAINS, just real certified to be a capitain once they are QUALIFIED."

Imagine this..the following comes directly from the Netjets website.

TWO CAPTAINS ON EVERY FLIGHT
FAA regulations don't require co-pilots to be type-rated in their assigned aircraft. But NetJets does. That means that all our pilots and co-pilots are certifiedto fly as captains in the one specific aircraft type they fly, whether they sit in the left or right seat of the cockpit.

Netjets claims there are two "Captains" on every flight. So that means that the company will dispatch an aircraft with ANY two pilots qualified in that type, since they are all "Captains", right? Oh, wait - that just means they are typed. Sounds like false advertising to me.

FracPilot said:
"Flight Options is saying that they want all their pilots to be type rated. This does not mean that they are all REAL CAPTAINS, just real certified to be a capitain once they are QUALIFIED."

Netjets claims there are two "Captains" on every flight. So that means that the company will dispatch an aircraft with ANY two pilots qualified in that type, since they are all "Captains", right? Oh, wait - that just means they are typed. Sounds like false advertising to me.

Where is the false advertising?
It only claims they are CERTIFICATED as Captains, it never said they were operating/acting as Captains. Much the same as your response about FO LLC.

Latest resources

Back