• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight options new pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You wanna quit, fine, but some of us don't have other options. I'd rather take my chances here, for now, and if things don't get better in a few years when the economy recovers and there are jobs out there I will start looking. So don't hang around here, leave, save us all of your unrealistic, borderline delusional expectations. Sometimes there is no bogeyman, sometimes there is just reality. Deal with it or move on. Meanwhile I'll take my 46% raise, over 5 years, and take my wife out to dinner for the first time in a long time.[/QUOTE]

It is unfortunate that anyone is out of work. You act like its my fault we have pilots on furlough. Freight doggie is tired, tired of working two jobs to support my family. Tired of working more for less. Why don't you step out of the box and start thinking like management. This 16+2 schedule is a license for mgt to obtain all the unsolicited overtime they need for 900 bucks in possible incentive pay. What do you think that is going to do for our brothers and sisters on furlough? You think mgt would rather spend a measly 900 on you or pay salary and benefits to a pilot they have to bring back from furlough? If all you migs on furlough vote for this piece o $hit you have just delayed your recall time exponentially. Why don't you think twice before wholesaling your talents to management for five years. You will have effectively enabled management to obtain your services for far less than the going rate. I know we aren't going to be anywhere near nj wages, but right now where not even on the same planet. Our captain pay doesn't even supercede FO pay at NJA. Send our negotiators back to the table with a strong no vote for the ta with as high a percentage as the strike vote. And yes the salary percentages are scewed, enjoy that 2498 raise in year two of the contract, maybe you can take the family out to dinner at Taco Bell.

Last edited:
Lol

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the NMB has sole authority over weather or not negotiations are put in recess.

Now this is the kind of Breaking News we can all use! Had I known, I would have called them immediately the other day while holding for KSUN....again@%#!

I had no idea that the National Mediation Board has become this powerful, gotta sell my stock in the Whether Channel immediately!

Not trying to hijack this thread, just trying to add a bit of levity...;)

Now, back to the seriousness of the matter at hand!

993 and other minions

You boys and girls just keep rolling over like puppy dogs lickin your peepees. Keep patting each other other the head for job well done.
Don't know Skippey. But do know that any other frac is going to run away from the mighty ibt1108. You just brought the industry down to the gutter.

Don't know Skippey. But do know that any other frac is going to run away from the mighty ibt1108. You just brought the industry down to the gutter.

This has got to be the dumbest and most inflammatory statement I've read here in the last 5 minutes. :D

You boys and girls just keep rolling over like puppy dogs lickin your peepees....

My my my, what a clever analogy.

...Keep patting each other other the head for job well done....

You obviously are not paying attention, or maybe you're just slow. Nobody is patting anyone on the back. Some of us are unhappy with the contract and voicing it here. None of that puppy self gratification that you seem to be so familiar with.

...But do know that any other frac is going to run away from the mighty ibt1108. You just brought the industry down to the gutter.

Nobody has brought anybody down to the gutter yet, but if this thing passes, I think that I will have to agree with you on this one, unfortunately.

You wanna quit, fine, but some of us don't have other options. I'd rather take my chances here, for now, and if things don't get better in a few years when the economy recovers and there are jobs out there I will start looking. So don't hang around here, leave, save us all of your unrealistic, borderline delusional expectations. Sometimes there is no bogeyman, sometimes there is just reality. Deal with it or move on. Meanwhile I'll take my 46% raise, over 5 years, and take my wife out to dinner for the first time in a long time.

It is unfortunate that anyone is out of work. You act like its my fault we have pilots on furlough. Freight doggie is tired, tired of working two jobs to support my family. Tired of working more for less. Why don't you step out of the box and start thinking like management. This 16+2 schedule is a license for mgt to obtain all the unsolicited overtime they need for 900 bucks in possible incentive pay. What do you think that is going to do for our brothers and sisters on furlough? You think mgt would rather spend a measly 900 on you or pay salary and benefits to a pilot they have to bring back from furlough? If all you migs on furlough vote for this piece o $hit you have just delayed your recall time exponentially. Why don't you think twice before wholesaling your talents to management for five years. You will have effectively enabled management to obtain your services for far less than the going rate. I know we aren't going to be anywhere near nj wages, but right now where not even on the same planet. Our captain pay doesn't even supercede FO pay at NJA. Send our negotiators back to the table with a strong no vote for the ta with as high a percentage as the strike vote. And yes the salary percentages are scewed, enjoy that 2498 raise in year two of the contract, maybe you can take the family out to dinner at Taco Bell.[/QUOTE]

Given that the union's leadership has more information than we do, including information about the companies financials and is recommending we vote to ratify this TA. Who are you to try to persuade pilots to reject it.

Other than your own opinion and speculation, what more/different information do you have than they do and what is it?

This is what I ment to say...

FR8DOG777 said:
It is unfortunate that anyone is out of work. You act like its my fault we have pilots on furlough. Freight doggie is tired, tired of working two jobs to support my family. Tired of working more for less. Why don't you step out of the box and start thinking like management. This 16+2 schedule is a license for mgt to obtain all the unsolicited overtime they need for 900 bucks in possible incentive pay. What do you think that is going to do for our brothers and sisters on furlough? You think mgt would rather spend a measly 900 on you or pay salary and benefits to a pilot they have to bring back from furlough? If all you migs on furlough vote for this piece o $hit you have just delayed your recall time exponentially. Why don't you think twice before wholesaling your talents to management for five years. You will have effectively enabled management to obtain your services for far less than the going rate. I know we aren't going to be anywhere near nj wages, but right now where not even on the same planet. Our captain pay doesn't even supercede FO pay at NJA. Send our negotiators back to the table with a strong no vote for the ta with as high a percentage as the strike vote. And yes the salary percentages are scewed, enjoy that 2498 raise in year two of the contract, maybe you can take the family out to dinner at Taco Bell.

Given that the union's leadership has more information than we do, including information about the companies financials and is recommending we vote to ratify this TA. Who are you to try to persuade pilots to reject it, unless of course you have some information they don't.

Other than your own opinion and speculation, what more/different information do you have than they do and what is it?

Last edited:
Given that the union's leadership has more information than we do, including information about the companies financials and is recommending we vote to ratify this TA.

The duration of the contract has nothing to do with the financials.
Since we didn't get the money we should have got the duration we wanted.

That along with forcing guys to do a 16+2 while we have pilots on furlough is just BS.

The duration of the contract has nothing to do with the financials.
Since we didn't get the money we should have got the duration we wanted.

That along with forcing guys to do a 16+2 while we have pilots on furlough is just BS.

But you didn't answer the question. Other than your own opinion and speculation, what more/different information do you have than they do and what is it? Maybe there was a reason they agreed to a five year term?

Also I've been thinking about this one a little bit. If I'm management and I'm coming up on 185 days prior to the three year amendable date of the contract and I have to make a decision about weather to exercise my option to extend the contract, I would essentially have two choices: 1) Exercise the option and pay millions for a 3% raise for the pilots. 2) Go back to the table and spend $0. Of course, choice #2 also comes with a potential labor dispute, but I'm not sure that it's as much of a fore-gone conclusion, as some of you guys seem to think, that this contract goes for five years. I think it's very possible that we are back at the table in 2.5 years. Remember for management, it all about the money.

I wonder if the union thought about any of those things, before they made the deal? Probably never know.

Oh and you say "forcing guys onto the 16+2". For like nine grand a year, I'm thinking of bidding it myself. And before you slam me for forgetting about the furloughed pilots, I think the addition of the 7&7 schedule, not to mention the relative labor peace that a ratified agreement will generate should work in their favor.

I just got done talking to another crew at the FBO and it looks like there are a lot of MIGS who are not too happy with the TA.

As time goes by it looks like the initial excitement of a TA is fading fast. I got calls from a MIGS on furlough who is really pissed and wanted my support to vote NO.

I think the tide is slowly turning against the TA now that people are reading and realizing what we are locking ourselves into for 5 years.

Latest resources

Back