• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Job Offer/Decision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A guy signs up for FlightInfo today... Makes his first post. Is 53 years old flying night freight in a Cessna 208 and wonders whether he should take a paycut by accepting an offer to fly @ FLOPS...

LOL.

"You guys are Dangerous..."

That is great!!! I seriously laughed my a** off...... Then I cried because I work for FLOPS!!!!!

A guy signs up for FlightInfo today... Makes his first post. Is 53 years old flying night freight in a Cessna 208 and wonders whether he should take a paycut by accepting an offer to fly @ FLOPS...

LOL.

"You guys are Dangerous..."

After leaving flops after nearly 10 years (doesn't say much for me does it) the 2000 hour freight dogs (single engine, twin, and/or turbine/jet) have been some of the finest pilots I've flown with. Never had a freight dog break down and cry on me. Never had a freight dog make a pax scream out of fear on a totally fubard go around. Never had a freight dog completely disregard a master caution on takoff well below briefed "abort for anything" speed. And last but not least...I've never had a frieght dog that I flew with lower than the top of my list of guys I'd fly with again any time...any where.

Cut the guy some slack. He's doing his homework like he's supposed to.

One of the best posts Iv'e ever read on this board.

Agree with you 110 percent my friend. Those night freight dogs are out there all by themselves in non-radar environments, mountainous terrain, rain or shine. They make a mistake and there dead. The guy was smart enough not to take the job. And what is this shiny new jet syndrome you all speak of? Flops aint got no shiny jets.

Give it a week or two...it all peels off. Then the rivets are shiny for another week or two and then they start corroding. The only stuff that stays on is the over spray they get into places it doesn't belong...

Thanks again!

After leaving flops after nearly 10 years (doesn't say much for me does it) the 2000 hour freight dogs (single engine, twin, and/or turbine/jet) have been some of the finest pilots I've flown with. Never had a freight dog break down and cry on me. Never had a freight dog make a pax scream out of fear on a totally fubard go around. Never had a freight dog completely disregard a master caution on takoff well below briefed "abort for anything" speed. And last but not least...I've never had a frieght dog that I flew with lower than the top of my list of guys I'd fly with again any time...any where.

Cut the guy some slack. He's doing his homework like he's supposed to.

Thanks Ticker for the nice compliment. I do think single pilot IFR in the ice at night is probably the most challenging flying I have ever done. I actually really like flying the Caravan for many reasons and I have flown big fast jets and corporate DC-3s (still my favorite airplane). It kind of feels like my own plane to fly around in sometimes and I can either use the autopilot a lot or hand fly it as much as I want to. No other egos to deal with either and boxes never complain...

There is a lot to be said to being home every night too. I will take time over money and shiny jets any day...

I am still quite disheartened and shocked that everyone has had such awful comments about FLOPS. I had no idea it could be that bad. I am still trying to meet some actual FLOPS crews at the LAS Atlantic FBO to get some in-person opinions but, haven't had any luck yet.

I do wonder how much better it would get with a Union contract but, I realize that could take a long time and who knows what a final contract would include?

The interview at FLOPS was actually very pleasant and it seemed like a great outfit on the surface but, the comments here sure have opened my eyes. It is just sad that the working conditions are really that bad... Aircrews are the frontline of customer service, especially in the corporate jet world. It is in no ones interest to have exhausted and/or pissed off Pilots... I do hope things improve for all of you that still work there!

Thanks again for all the help in my decision making process.

The interview at FLOPS was actually very pleasant and it seemed like a great outfit on the surface but, the comments here sure have opened my eyes.

Yea, they put on a pretty good show there in CGF, but its all smoke and mirrors. A kind of corporate medicine show. Most line pilots only see the inside of that building when they are invited there for what we affectionately refer to as a CGF1 arrival (carpet dance). You didn't see any of those pilots, while you were there, because they were kept out of sight, for interrogation in one of management's subterranean dungeons. Not an uncommon occurrence these days. All part of management's fear and intimidation campaign. I would not advise anyone to put themselves through the ordeal of employment at Flight Options. I think the only reason anyone hangs around this place, is because some of us have a lot invested. Post contract, much will change. Until then, for god's sake stay away, you don't need the headaches.

From a guy thta spent 8 years at flops and saw it go from a great little deal to a complete piece of crap my best advice is dont do it..

I hear flops guys on the radio and I actually feel bad for them..

I would think there are opportunities in las and or nj would be the way to go..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back