Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wet or snowy runway with a bit of a tailwind and maybe 5000 feet or so

Oh yes the numbers work

So do the decisions of the crew. I have yet to get push back for calling up and saying 'it's not safe'. Mileage (fleets) may vary, but I feel very confident my supervisors will support my decisions.

Many airplane types through history have developed a bad reputation and not all of them were deserved. Quite often the airplane whose reputation is being trashed was never flown by the pilots expressing the opinion. I wonder how many of the pilots with negative comments have flown this airplane?

I don't know a thing about the manufacturer or the particular type, but would like to hear an evaluation by someone who has actually operated the airplane.

Last edited:
I fly for Options. I just got checked out in the Nextant and it is impressive. It routinely flies from the midwest to the west coast without a fuel stop. From the west coast to the southeast and FL without a fuel stop. From the east coast to ski country, again, without a fuel stop. All with passengers.
I haven't flown the 300 but it will do all of that with almost three times the luggage space and go from SL to 45,000 in 17 min. Proven fact.

With the phasing out of the older 400's for the Nextant and the addition of the 300's, Options will have an entire fleet aircraft with a range of 2,000 nm or greater.

That's saying something...

Sure,

The Nextant has a rear club with a three place divan opposite the main door. It looks and feels much bigger.

The 300 has a rear club as well but it also has the trench in the center aisle that some like but most don't. Depends on your taste.

Both have wifi and a smaller galley but, in reality, most of the galley space is wasted anyway so it's more efficient that way.

Hope this helps.

So do the decisions of the crew. I have yet to get push back for calling up and saying 'it's not safe'. Mileage (fleets) may vary, but I feel very confident my supervisors will support my decisions.

Oh Its safe

until suddenly black ice you didn't know about shows up

and now you have no way to control it except a go around (after touchdown)

better hope that anti skid is awful damn good

Just saying

The Nextant is a huge increase in comfort for the passengers. Essentially, the old 400XPs were good for 2 pax, ok for 4, and real rough with anything over 4. The new seating configuration in the Nextant makes it very comfortable for 4, and even give passengers 5 and 6 decent leg room.

The Nextant is a huge increase in comfort for the passengers. Essentially, the old 400XPs were good for 2 pax, ok for 4, and real rough with anything over 4. The new seating configuration in the Nextant makes it very comfortable for 4, and even give passengers 5 and 6 decent leg room.

Amen !

Latest resources

Back