• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options and the Phenom 300 Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, it won't...and "Platinum" or not, it's still entry level garbage.

See, that's what I am trying to determine. Is the Phenom 300 a garbage airplane or not? I've read an article or two about it in Flying, but I have never spoken to a pilot who has flown one...

NachoMamma, you've flown the Citation XLS according to your profile - does the Phenom 300 compare favorably to the XLS or not? It would be interesting to get some feedback from someone who flies it.

Merry X-Mas!

It'll make a much nicer entry-level airplane than the Beechjet or Encore, that's for sure.

A comment like that I would expect from someone flying a G450 or G550 or Global. I would still consider the Excel it looks like you drive an entry level, or a slightly larger entry level jet.

Depends on your budget, of course. :laugh: I do like the Excel a lot; it's slightly above entry level, I guess, but not a whole lot.

The Phenom, in terms of cabin size, will be roughly inbetween the Ultra/Encore and the Excel. When I took a look at one up close, it looked a good bit more comfortable than some of the older designs.

ya but its an embraer which basically makes it 80% a piece of crap throwaway jet

Interesting you say that. I recently spoke with a JB E190 pilot and he said the same thing - he thought the E190 was a big, plastic "bic razor."

But you'd think the Phenom 300 would be built for more "discriminating" clientel than the NY/BOS to Florida Jetblue crowd....

Will the top-secret NetJets Platinum Edition Phenom, which no one else on the planet can buy, have TRs?

Certification is done without considering Trs. Some jets do have supplemental data, but the numbers are based upon braking action alone. Those numbers for the 300 look very impressive. I believe I read 2500 feet at max gross landing weight. TRs are nice, but certainly not necessary.

The Phenom 100 is a piece of junk. You can tell it was made to it's price point. I've never been inside a P300.

The 400XT gets your more range, speed and altitude for less (both hourly and acquisition). It also has real avionics. The G1000 is pretty but it can't do crap.

Comparison Chart

The cabin seems nice, has a flat floor and the latest technology. The P300 has an externally serviced lav, lots of baggage, and is single pilot. Aside from those points it seems the 400XT is the better aircraft.

I've never been inside of either of these aircraft. Just looking at the spics it seems like the 400XT is the better one. Has anyone been inside or flown both of them?

Latest resources

Back