Flight Instructors forced to wear epaulates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take it off lol

Ive yet to see any surgeon or cop walking around the walmart in their uniform.

It's the professional thing to do, it's about showing a positive image.

Many people out there, despite what has happened the last decade with the profession, still respect pilots. That's pretty much all there is left of this profession. They have an image of us as professionals. That gets tarnshied as we walk around walmart holding chips and beer or driving our motorcycles in full uniform clutching a McDonalds bag.

Nothing against McDonalds, and nothing against motorcycles.

you should just hang it up now.....you're making yourself look stupid and unprofessional.

Id grab macdonalds at dtw and go fly to japan. Wanna call me unprofessional?

Last edited:
you should just hang it up now.....you're making yourself look stupid and unprofessional.

Id grab macdonalds at dtw and go fly to japan. Wanna call me unprofessional?

How can you make yourself look unprofessional on flightinfo?? Stupid is as stupid does. I have nothing against Mcdonalds, for the last time!

When I put on a uniform, I couldn't give a stuff about you, or your profession. My uniform represents my work clothes. The costume I put on to go to work. I go to work not so you can get paid, but so I can get paid. Quite frankly, I don't care if you like my uniform, or the way I wear my uniform. You're not doing my job, and you're not collecting my paycheck. Your opinion on my uniform, or anyone else's for that matter, is therefore meaningless.

Your arrogance in assuming that you have any say in the matter, however, and your foolishness in sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, is well noted, and speaks quite poorly of you.

Um this is actually telling of your arrogance. Maybe it's time you start caring about your profession.

You really don't know. Obviously. It's "Yeah," by the way.

I've left the airplane to go get catering for passengers or to stock an airplane on many occasions. It may be a quick bite to eat that the passenger has requested. It may be a specific kind of beer. It may be newspapers that aren't found at an FBO. It may be mini-booze of a particular kind that the client particularly likes. It may be that the client's dog threw up, and now we need more napkins. It's really not important why.

I've gone to restaurants in uniform while on duty. I've gone to 7-11 in uniform while on duty. I've gone to liquor stores while on duty, and in uniform. I don't drink. I may not have been going for food for myself. I've done all sorts of things for the company and for the client. I once went to a hardware store in uniform to get a roll of masking tape. I needed the tape to clean the dog hair out of the airplane, that the celebrity client's dog had left behind. I've gone tool shopping, gone into pet stores, picked up food and catering, and have delivered tennis rackets to movie stars (that they'd left behind on the airplane). I've done it in rental cars, busses, vans, limousines, and any other transportation I had. I would be more than happy to go do it on a motorcycle.

As long as you are on company time, then you obviously can go in your uniform. For example you need to drive stranded pax to a hotel because it's 2am and no driver is available.

The guy in my case was obviously not on duty, displaying an unprofessional image. Part of the reason that I mentioned it because I had a pax in the car and they also agreed that he was displaying an unprofessional imagine. Basically what Midnight Flyer said.

All one has to do is turn on the autopilot, you say? Are you actually a pilot, or do you only play with computer games and other such "simulators?"

It's a joke. Sarcasm directed toward pt91 guys who seem to think that all airline ops requires of the pilots is to make sure the magazines are on board and to make sure to turn on the AP right after takeoff.

As long as you are on company time, then you obviously can go in your uniform. For example you need to drive stranded pax to a hotel because it's 2am and no driver is available.

The guy in my case was obviously not on duty, displaying an unprofessional image. Part of the reason that I mentioned it because I had a pax in the car and they also agreed that he was displaying an unprofessional imagine. Basically what Midnight Flyer said.
Obviously not on duty? You don't even know if he's a flight instructor, do you? You don't know who he is, where he works, or what he does. This being the case, you have absolutely no idea if he's on duty.

You don't know if he was on company time, do you? Obviously, you say...but every word you speak is based on arrogant assumption. You're so busy worrying about what the other guy does.

Mind your own business.

Um this is actually telling of your arrogance.
It's arrogant to not care what you think? If that's true,then the world really does revolve around you, and you're going to need a wheeled stand simply to hold up your head.

Mind your own business.

How can you make yourself look unprofessional on flightinfo??

Start a thread like this and say the things you've said. It's that simple.

Stupid is as stupid does.

In that case, you're doing fine.

Last edited:
Riding a motorcycle in uniform is unprofessional? Seriously, some of you have totally lost the plot. When you eventually have sex with a live woman you'll understand just how unimportant little stuff like where a working guy eats and what he wears when he rides truly is.

(I would, however, be concerned about whether or not he was on a motorcycle built in Milwaukee, WI or York, PA since real men don't ride anything else. :D )

(I would, however, be concerned about whether or not he was on a motorcycle built in Milwaukee, WI or York, PA since real men don't ride anything else. :D )[/QUOTE]

Silly you don't you know real motorcycles come from Japan?

Latest resources

Back