Flight Instructors forced to wear epaulates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CX880

I thought I'd seen it all but on my way to the airport, I see this guy in what looked to be "captains" uniform on his motorcycle holding a McDonald bag rushing toward the airport. Seriously? Show some professional courtesy to your fellow pilots and put something on to cover yourself and put that Mcd bag somehwere where so that the world can't know that you make 5 dollars an hour.

By the way I'm assuming it was an instructor because all the circumstance lead me to believe that he was, it was an outstation too.

Your argument for it being an instructor holds about as much water as a colander...

Last edited:
He has a job at least. Some people are not so lucky right now. Making 5 is better than making zero. Give the guy a break.

I thought I'd seen it all but on my way to the airport, I see this guy in what looked to be "captains" uniform on his motorcycle holding a McDonald bag rushing toward the airport. Seriously? Show some professional courtesy to your fellow pilots and put something on to cover yourself and put that Mcd bag somehwere where so that the world can't know that you make 5 dollars an hour.

By the way I'm assuming it was an instructor because all the circumstance lead me to believe that he was, it was an outstation too.

i think he should hold a sign showing who he works for so the world will know what this is making.

who do you work for CX?

No he (CX880) is a GoJet scumbag who shouldn't be commenting on anybodys job considering the necks he stepped on when he took a job at GoJets.

BTW CX880 your entire post is a waste of space (like your life).

Last edited:
No he (CX880) is a GoJet scumbag who shouldn't be commenting on anybodys job considering the necks he stepped on when he took a job at GoJets.

lol....you work at gojets and think you can criticize about a cfi eating MacDonalds?

you're only about 3 ft in front of him kid.....lol

Show some professional courtesy to your fellow pilots and put something on to cover yourself and put that Mcd bag somehwere where so that the world can't know that you make 5 dollars an hour.

Meaning what, exactly?

Professionals don't eat at McDonalds? I've had days when eating at McDonalds was a treat, or the only option, and I have zero problem being seen in uniform in line at McDonalds. Then again, I see a lot of major crewmembers picking up lunch at McDonalds in terminals during a turn.

Why should the flight instructor cover himself or herself? Is a flight instructor not allowed to wear a uniform? Do you dictate what others wear? Do you dictate what flight schools require? What business is it of yours?

You know what this individual was making per hour? Why is it your business? Why is it your concern whether the world knows what the instructor makes? Should you not mind your own business?

Point of fact, it's none of your business. It's none of your business what the instructor wears. It's none of your business what the instructor makes. It's none of your business where the instructor eats. It's none of your business what the instructor drives or owns. It's none of your business where the individual works, or how much he or she makes for a living, or who else may know what he or she makes.

Post less stupidly next time.

Hey you fly for jetblue. how many Alpa necks did you step on?

Meaning what, exactly?

Professionals don't eat at McDonalds? I've had days when eating at McDonalds was a treat, or the only option, and I have zero problem being seen in uniform in line at McDonalds. Then again, I see a lot of major crewmembers picking up lunch at McDonalds in terminals during a turn.

Why should the flight instructor cover himself or herself? Is a flight instructor not allowed to wear a uniform? Do you dictate what others wear? Do you dictate what flight schools require? What business is it of yours?

You know what this individual was making per hour? Why is it your business? Why is it your concern whether the world knows what the instructor makes? Should you not mind your own business?

Point of fact, it's none of your business. It's none of your business what the instructor wears. It's none of your business what the instructor makes. It's none of your business where the instructor eats. It's none of your business what the instructor drives or owns. It's none of your business where the individual works, or how much he or she makes for a living, or who else may know what he or she makes.

Post less stupidly next time.

You can wait with your underwear at the terminal Mcdonalds for all I care, that's the airport and you work there. I'm talking about outside, like at the grocery store or at Walmart. I think it was not professional... holding his bag while riding the motorcycle, flooring it etc. It's just an image thing. By the way, what is with this what he makes deal? Who cares what he makes, I just commented on how cheap his image looked. That's all.

Last edited:
Your argument for it being an instructor holds about as much water as a colander...

oh please, only flight instructors that think they're airline pilots and guys still on IOE wear their uniform off work and at walmart. I don't think this guy was on IOE. It's kind of like seeing a doctor still wearing his surgical outfit walking around the grocery store, it just doesn't seem right. I always pull a superman when I off duty.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back