• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express Info...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I understood it, there was some kind of dispute between FLX and that FBO. As a result we didn't normally buy fuel there but it was available if you needed it. My run involved a CPS-SGF-CPS round trip which didn't normally require refueling. A couple times I needed/wanted gas there because of the weather and the company never complained. However, there was some bad blood. I remember my friend complained that the self labeled "general aviation terminal" should be open to the public since it was city owned and not owned by the FBO. He didn't get very far with that argument. I'm sorry to hear that you are still suffering from that dispute. I heard that you can get on a bus and go to a public library.

Boris, I'm just wondering, but is there still somebody doing 701 from LIT? For some reason I'm feeling nostalgic. Maybe it's because FLX was a stellar company to work for; at least in comparison to my present employer.

I see they have a Memphis base. Anyone have an idea how hard it would be to get. I am going to be furloughed soon and looking for options to stay flying in MEM and avoid commuting.

is dude the dude that would crack open the coronas (with lime) before making it inside the FBO?

e62pilot: i didn't know there was a memphis base until now, but it's listed on the company website. i'll check to see if it still exists.

Yeah... I was a pretty good gig. I remember all those Orlando boys comming up to CPS at first and hating it during the winter I was there. We had a girl living there in the hanger that brought her parot with her. That damned things squaked ALL THE TIME. I think they cycled out all the mechanics that use to be there when I was there. But I do remember how well most of the pilots were treated (if you did your job, you know... TRIED to fly when it was cold and cloudy outside... like I said, low time Florida guys sometimes put up a fuss.) My route was 712 (?) CPS-SGF-HRO-Springdale ARK-SGF-CPS. I love that run.

The best part about that job at that time was there was only ONE SEAT ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND ON THAT AIRPLANE. No more stinking Euro students over here trying to bust out a Instrument Rating in 20 days. I hated that!

So... anyway. That place was a good time for what it was and gave me what I needed.

Goood luck!

S.

Okay, for all the guys currently based at CPS, let me go on record that I am not the girl who moved the parrot into the hangar!:laugh:

hmmm..... do parrots eat mice? If so, I might consider getting one! I wonder how much beer I'd have to buy the mechanics to get away with it.

wildfreightess said:
Okay, for all the guys currently based at CPS, let me go on record that I am not the girl who moved the parrot into the hangar!:laugh:

hmmm..... do parrots eat mice? If so, I might consider getting one! I wonder how much beer I'd have to buy the mechanics to get away with it.

Wow! A parrot, huh??? Well, I'm a girl who flew for FLX out of CPS, and lived in the hangar and I did not have a parrot either! Wonder who it was! Who has time for pets in that job?!?!? I flew from 4am to 4pm (FLX717).
Regardless, its a good job, with good benefits and great for resume enhancement. The mechanics at CPS are super!!! (If the same ones are still there!)

Naw, this gal weather issues and eventually went on to Vanguard and is now at FedEx. If you either one of you got along with the mechanics, you aren't her. She was complaining about the harrasement (spelled my way tonight) from one of the men there.

Glad to hear you two had different experiences there.

I was there from Jan of 1999 to April 1999. A few short months that I enjoyed.

S.

Is she the one who could never get the hangar doors open by herself? Also refused to fly in icing conditions (in a known-ice airplane) and quit after they had Frank ride along with her? It had been years but the mechanics were still talking about her when I was there!

Latest resources

Back