pdkaviator said:
Part 121 is not for me either...tried it...didn't like it

So FLX, I want guaranteed:

- Base in ATL area airport - I ain't moving :p
- Baron only.
- shifts from ...mmmmm...say 10am to 5pm, ok maybe 6

Wake up dude, wake up!!

John Glenn,

Just a quick question: If a potential candidate passes training and their 135 VFR checkride, do they need to take another 135 checkride once they are IFR qualified with their 1200 TT, etc? I should know this..........

Thanks,

Art V.

Hey John,

If you guys wanna base a Baron here in Central Kansas, call me! I know a couple of your pilots, well 1 past 1 present, both had the MKC-SLN-GBD-HYS run, and they seem like pretty good guys. Had a lot of good things to say about your company.

Keep up the good work and congrats on the new routes!

Yes!

Art Vandalay said:
John Glenn,

Just a quick question: If a potential candidate passes training and their 135 VFR checkride, do they need to take another 135 checkride once they are IFR qualified with their 1200 TT, etc? I should know this..........

Thanks,

Art V.

First of all, I love the screen name.

Yes. Once a VFR line pilot reaches the IFR mins they have to take the IFR checkride. If you can fly instruments the checkride is nothing.

HarbourPilot said:
Don't you think you should use the sim ride for an initial evaluation, here your going to put pilots on the payroll, there going to take a seat in training, and all the copies and paperwork that need to be administered to him or her. And candidates dont even have to pay the $300 to start training. Oh and then provided they pass the ground training (Good Luck!) now give some free time in a 210. After all that is finished you realize the candidate needs more work before he can start flying single pilot IFR 135. Like someone said FLX is not a flight school. Sounds like a big waste of resources. The simulator evaluation is a useful tool, thats all im saying!

I am former FLX employee. Let me just say that I crashed the SIM and did a horrible job flying it but I convinced them to take a chance. I had no problem at all flying the real airplane and I think Austin was shocked having seen my off the runway performance on the sim. I am not saying this to sound like they hire anybody I am just mentioning that a sim is not a great way to evaluate applicants considering I had 0 time in any type of sim before the interview. I thoroughly enjoyed working at FLX and I am planning on going back into cargo as soon as I can find a job because the regionals suck. Jerome has the right idea.

Latest resources

Back