• Start date
  • Watchers 15

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a terrible thing this is, man loses his life while doing his job. I am truly sorry for his family and friends.

KingAirRick:

Way to Go Buddy!!!!! You have done a great job of turning this thread into a bash FLX thread. A good friend and pilot has died and now you speculate on a company you haven't worked for in years. Please go away.

The important thing to remember when someone is lost is to realize that it could be any one of us. Let the NTSB and Feds do their job and find out what happened before jumping to any conclusions. The important questions are: Did this individual have a family to support? Is there anything some of us could do to help?
I worked at FLX when the 210 went down about 2 years ago. The sad thing is that if it was not for this board some of us at the company would have never known that we lost someone. I did not know him personally but it still would have been nice for management to put out a company voice mail, memo, or something! But nothing was ever said and some of us that care enough to try to help someone out never knew or found out through the grapevine months later.
Hopefully this accident mystery will be solved and prevented from happening again. I did not know the pilot but it sounds like he was good at his job and I am sure it is a huge loss for the company his friends and loved ones.

I was going to suggest that the debate over the company's safety record take place in another thread.

I clearly tried, in each of my previous posts, to bring the discussion back to the pilot concerned, and his family. I don't bash Flight Express. On the contrary, I have very positive things to say about my experiences there. I just don't want anyone to have misconceptions about the safety record.

I'm sorry if I offended you Art, or anyone else. As a former freight dog, this type of accident touches me, although understandably not as closely as it does you.

So what about the family question? Are they in Orlando?

Yoda,
FWIW: FLX sent out a voicemail on this most recent accident and it was addressed to all pilots.

KingAirRick:

I feel that FLX does very well when it comes to MX. I have never had a problem with an aircraft that MX was snappy to repair or correct. There is no pressure to fly an unairworthy aircraft or to take unnecessary risks to complete the mission. Yes, they are flying Pickup trucks but the fact still remains that the aircraft here are, in my opinion, well maintained and in excellent working order.

With nearly 60 runs going 5 days a week to the tune of about 60,000 hrs a year times the number of years they have been in business. I feel very comfortable and safe when I climb into a Flight Express aircraft.

I am not saying what happened is acceptable, but just an accident. I feel safety is first and foremost and we should all strive to be safer in our flying habits and not accept an unnecessary risk. I look forward to the NTSB findings so that we may all learn from this tragedy and never repeat it again.

Any speculation at this point in time is very counter-productive and just getting everybody riled up.

Glad to hear they sent the word out to everyone. Just out of curiousity Propsforward, what equipment are you flying and where?

I am not a pilot, but found this sight while scouring the internet looking for anything related to this accident.

Jorge just got married to a friend of mine in June. I was shocked when I got the phone call Saturday morning, and it still hasn't really set in. I got to know him the last couple years as his wife and I played softball together and he stepped in a couple times when we were short. He is a great person and I am sorry their time together was cut so short.

God Bless You Guys!

kecustar said:
I am not a pilot, but found this sight while scouring the internet looking for anything related to this accident.

Jorge just got married to a friend of mine in June. I was shocked when I got the phone call Saturday morning, and it still hasn't really set in. I got to know him the last couple years as his wife and I played softball together and he stepped in a couple times when we were short. He is a great person and I am sorry their time together was cut so short.

God Bless You Guys!

Please let us know about ANYTHING that our community can do for his wife. If you post it here, you will get a fantastic response.

For his family

I have been reading this thread and want to thank all of you for your kind words and prayers.
I thank you for respecting his family's privacy and his memory.
We are all pilots and understand the risk we face everyday. Unfortunately this realization means nothing to family left behind.

Many of you have asked what we as a community can do. To that end I have two requests.
1) Pray for his family
2) Any words of encouragement you wish for the family can be posted here and I will take them with me.

Thank you all and fly safe!

Gary

Latest resources

Back