Flight Department Manuals

empenage

Total Time
Looking for leads:

Who do you use to write your manuals for your department. Operations Manual, International Manual, etc.

Thanks.

English

Total Time
Some use GLN Compliance.

Others of us write our own.

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
Ours was done in house but it's "loosely" based on NetJets. Except the alcohol policy, of course. :p TC

English

Total Time
NBAA has some manuals on their website that are a good starting point if writing part 91 manuals from scratch.

ARG/US also has a safety program manual that they'll give to you in Word format for a hefty fee. I haven't seen it so I don't know the quality, but I expect it would be good.

empenage

Total Time
Our problem is we have too much going on and no time to get everything done.

Now our company wants everyone JAA certified to fly their aircraft in Europe as well as the US.

Thanks for the replies so far. I appreciate it!

2000flyer

EASY FLYER
Total Time
5700+
I rewrote ours using IS-BAO. Very easy to change to your specifics and SOPs. A little cut and paste and other modifications. Took me about six months to rewrite to our liking. It could have been done in less time but, like you, I was pretty busy during that time as well.

2000Flyer

empenage

Total Time
Volunteer,

Thanks for the link.

The only problem is that the airplane they chose for their website was Bombardiers Demo Global, S/N 9010 (N701WH), and I swear that the airplane is cursed!

Emp

volunteer

Saturdays in the fall.
Total Time
empenage said:
Volunteer,

Thanks for the link.

The only problem is that the airplane they chose for their website was Bombardiers Demo Global, S/N 9010 (N701WH), and I swear that the airplane is cursed!

Emp
I don't know the history on that airplane. I do know that this company is very passionate about their business. Professional on every level. They also have engineering types on staff which I think is good when you start digging into the technical parts of the department (i.e. MEL's or maintenance manuals). Prices are very reasonable in my opinion.

empenage

Total Time
Computer Geek said:
9010 was great compared to some...

:) ask Oakley
They said that the paint on the rudder of Oakleys airplane was what was causing the uncomanded rudder input. ?? We had a drip on our RAT door that was messing up our ADC's. The drip was in front of the pitot tube.

Go figure.

In 9010 the coffee maker and stove wouldnt work unless you turned on the galley fan on the Baker system. Remember that?

And the hits just keep on coming!

empenage

Total Time
volunteer said:
I don't know the history on that airplane. I do know that this company is very passionate about their business. Professional on every level. They also have engineering types on staff which I think is good when you start digging into the technical parts of the department (i.e. MEL's or maintenance manuals). Prices are very reasonable in my opinion.
Thanks for the info. We will be calling everyone on Monday. It will be good to get this done so we can move onto the next adventure!

Spooky 1

Total Time
Some
If you can throw money at the project and are willing to spend a liitle bit of time working together Assessment Compliance Group can write you an ISBAO manual. They have done this for a number of very large flight departments here in the US whose name you would easily recognize. ACGS is located in Annapolis, MD.

Another group that specializes in manuals is Airline Information Systems out of Oak Harbor, Washington. Don't let the airline in the name throw you, they also have done several very big corporate flight departments. They typically do not subscribe to the ISBAO format

Hesitate to say the costs, but not a lot considering the material covered. Also very proessional looking and the FAA gets all teary eyed when they see them.

empenage

Total Time
Spooky 1 said:
Hesitate to say the costs, but not a lot considering the material covered. Also very proessional looking and the FAA gets all teary eyed when they see them.
Dam...thats funny!

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
JAA qualified... woo hoo--NOT! :rolleyes:

At least you'll learn the effect of icing on wooden props and how to build a carburator. ;) TC

empenage

Total Time
AA717driver said:
JAA qualified... woo hoo--NOT! :rolleyes:

At least you'll learn the effect of icing on wooden props and how to build a carburator. ;) TC
It will never happen. Our Swiss C/P would never let an "American" fly his plane!

In the mean time we have to jump through the hoops though.

sleepy

Living The Dream!
Total Time
Assesment Compliance Group wrote some. We wrote most of them based on IS-BAO requirements.

empenage

Total Time
Thank you all for your replies. Now stand by as we procrastinate :)

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
Total Time
7000+
So what is the alcohol policy at netjets??

AA717driver said:
Ours was done in house but it's "loosely" based on NetJets. Except the alcohol policy, of course. :p TC

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
I heard they can't drink on trips. No wonder they're surly. :p TC