Flight cancellations surge at American Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great work AA pilots!

Everyone is watching this unfold with great pride, stay strong and if I catch you guys on an overnight, beers on me!

word I'm hearing is that sick calls are actually no more than they were last spring. As far as write ups, maybe they need to hire more maintenance guys.

I must say though airlining the other day, our taxi time at DFW from landing to the gate was 28 minutes! I could have literally walked faster than we were taxiing. I was pissed but, I get it---LET THAT MF BURN! Enjoy AMR management!

Typical management, blame someone else for their own shortcomings. Gee, I can't begin to wonder why there would be such an unmotivated workforce.

Short-sighted so called M.B.A's think they control the airline. I'm certain the lot of them couldn't manage a whorehouse at a navy shipyard.

Typical management, blame someone else for their own shortcomings. Gee, I can't begin to wonder why there would be such an unmotivated workforce.

Short-sighted so called M.B.A's think they control the airline. I'm certain the lot of them couldn't manage a whorehouse at a navy shipyard.

Thats funny right there!!! And true... Still laughing.

Not laughing for my airline brothers at APA.

word I'm hearing is that sick calls are actually no more than they were last spring. As far as write ups, maybe they need to hire more maintenance guys.

True dat. Pilot sick time is running average right now - no big spikes. Nice try, management... 20% increase??? yeah right.

F/As sick time is ATSRONOMICAL (of course, company never mentioned them.)

Mechanics all ticked off due to 4400 layoffs... Merry Christmas.

Oh, on top of that, we've got the FAA crawling ALL OVER our aircraft, procedures, and operations.

Overall, what we predicted with the No vote is happening exactly as we said it would. Now the company has suddenly approached APA wanting to negotiate again.... oh the irony. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I must say though airlining the other day, our taxi time at DFW from landing to the gate was 28 minutes! I could have literally walked faster than we were taxiing. I was pissed but, I get it---LET THAT MF BURN! Enjoy AMR management!

Which is better? A job in which one gets 70 percent of what he wants, or no job? In this economy especially? I feel these union guys are nuts.

Which is better? A job in which one gets 70 percent of what he wants, or no job? In this economy especially? I feel these union guys are nuts.

Another empty office in Centerport today... Nice try, management plant. Whatsamatta, your CEO giving you a pep talk in your G4 about those overpaid underworked airline pilots?

No these guys are demonstrating courage in standing up to the erosion of our profession. I admire the hell out of the APA and it's members. AA management is overreaching and it is on display for all to see. Wait until boy wonder comes after the pilots at NJA. Are you just going to roll over and take it G4 in the midst of record company profits? Grow a pair.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back