Flight Attendant KCM thread.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because...

Because she, bladeusa, doesn't understand that FA's by rule must be in the cockpit when one pilot has to use the lav. If they are trusted enough to be in the cockpit where there is a crash axe (and she may not know this but there are controls to a high speed fuel laden missle in the cockpit as well) then they should be able to go through KCM with us. Untill then I go through KCM and then stand there like an idiot waiting for my FA's to go through security...duh.

Because...

Because flight attendants come and go, much higher turnover. Would be harder to track active vs non active. Not to mention a vast majority are 3 pounds of crazy in a 2 pound bucket.

Because flight attendants come and go, much higher turnover. Would be harder to track active vs non active. Not to mention a vast majority are 3 pounds of crazy in a 2 pound bucket.

I know cause computers are really slow and it would be almost impossible for a computer network to identify an active verses a fired employee...hey wait a tick pilots shouldn't be able to do this either..what if one got fired and didn't turn her uniform over to the chief pilot yet!!!

Charlie,
Not sure where the hostility comes from. At crew bases we don't go through security as a "crew". Also about half the time on a trip we don't go through security as a "crew" because our FAs lines don't match up with ours. So having said that I think increasing KCM "customers" by 200% without the same increase in access points will cause problems. Maybe I am not smart enough to keep up with your dizzying intellect though.

Charlie,
Not sure where the hostility comes from. At crew bases we don't go through security as a "crew". Also about half the time on a trip we don't go through security as a "crew" because our FAs lines don't match up with ours. So having said that I think increasing KCM "customers" by 200% without the same increase in access points will cause problems. Maybe I am not smart enough to keep up with your dizzying intellect though.

Ha ha no one has ever used the word "intellect" about me ever!! At Airways we stay as a crew the whole trip but I know other companies split up so I guess I understand your point of view. I have always been hostile to anyone who thinks a working crew member needs to have their finger nail clippers taken from them for safety reasons. This really happened to me and a little while later I was controlling a high speed fuel laden missle called a 737. If the govna ever figas out how to hire peple who know how to program a computa than the KCM really will make us safer. It's funny how this CASS and KCM is taking years you know it really shouldn't.

Not to mention a vast majority are 3 pounds of crazy in a 2 pound bucket.
LOL - I have F/A friends but really, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day... :D

The problem with having F/A's in the KCM isn't the 4-7-10 year F/A employees at major airlines making $60k plus a year who respect their job enough not to f*ck it up for everyone, but the regional F/A who makes $18k a year who decides to smuggle something through, gets busted, and ruins it for the rest of us.

Sorry, but there IS a DIRECT correlation to age and income level and ability to handle responsibility. Deal with it.

Latest resources

Back